panel construction problematic

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros panel construction problematic

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    zeoka
    Participant
      • Topics: 73
      • Replies: 466
      • Total: 539
      • ★★★

Hi all
      I build a multimode section for my microq panel ,a big thing i think
      i need to do some functions for my mods that i can’t currently do

I have “set” combos with no midi they are used to switch beetween soundsets
      luaValueChange are attached to combos to update the micro Q and panel buffers and update eventually my sound section if it needed
      I would these scripts work only when i release the mouse in the combo menu
      this means get the event in LUA
      it seems the toucscreen events are not the same as mouse in ctrlr and other softs
      It could be a problem ?

How could i start to get the event and place it in if statement ?

or may be “modulator does not react when….” applied when I update the multi ?

Cheers

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      zeoka
      Participant
        • ★★★

many issues when Ctrlr starts :
        -“multi” button has a lua script that switch visibility between 2 listboxes
        not working when ctrlr starting(the script works but not triggered when ctrlr starting)
        -mainly “current tabs” not working when ctrlr starting
        “linked” or via LUA
        – a combo “1” liked to componentVisibily of another not working when ctrlr starting
        – triggeronmousedown(bank dn, bank up) not working when ctrlr starting
        – radiobuttons(play,mute,solo) are on mousedown event so not updated correctly when I switch multi
        ok I added few script lines in my multi selector.
        it could be practicle to add in the radioButton function
        “disabling component when one radiobutton is on 1” that way I have always a value
        to get and never nil
        The starting of ctrlr is a little a nightmare for me 🙂

Attachments:
        dasfaker
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 80
          • Replies: 793
          • Total: 873
          • ★★★

How many mods has your panel? Which Ctrlr revision?

zeoka
          Participant
            • ★★★

I use around 800 mods for now but if I count some texts, 35 group, 2 tabs,there is more .But the issues I get them with few mods
            I build on 899703535ed166df4b00c6b9be338b3691de00b6 04/14/2014

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by zeoka.
            dasfaker
            Keymaster
              • ★★★

There have been some issues with loading panels at least on Win, try with a newer revision as there was a JUCE fix related to this.

zeoka
              Participant
                • ★★★

Ok thanks
                I ve done a little panel that show errors
                only one thing works : the combo linked to componentVisiblity of other combo

I will try the last version

Attachments:
                zeoka
                Participant
                  • ★★★

same thing
                  current tab is always 0
                  it still displays the 2 listboxes after loading

dasfaker
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★

Latest Win revision is 5.2.81, try this.

zeoka
                    Participant
                      • ★★★

tried
                      no changes

dasfaker
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★

I see what you mean. I reported this issue too in another thread. Some mods don’t show at startup the value they had when the panel was saved, they always display value 0.

It seems that at least uiTabs in latest revisions don’t have “modulatorValue” variable, so how is stored the current tab selected?

atom
                        Keymaster
                          • Topics: 159
                          • Replies: 2945
                          • Total: 3104
                          • ★★★★★

I fixed the modulator link yesterday (i hope), there is a weird problem with the uiTabs when they’re called modulator-1 for some reason, just rename your tabs and link the currentTabs property to a slider it will work, on the startup the link should work too (this might have broken other things, since it’s a big change in how the panel gets started, i tested some scenarios but i’m sure there is more, so give me an update).

zeoka
                          Participant
                            • ★★★

i opened the “tab change via lua ” demo panel
                            the method setprop “uicurrent tab” is working at startup
                            but “link to component method” not
                            when the mod is created link scripts seem not called

for the visibility : setvisible may be the problem
                            I will try with setprop “componentvisibility”

in latest revision changing image knob of a mod via lua is slower and work in one way only

I tried to repair the trigger buttons at start up
                            trig set to off
                            values set to 0 (in case of)
                            trig set to to on
                            not worked but I have some 3 other script errors at sartup
                            may be cause this
                            or they are in the same chunk ?
                            I could replace trigger feature by just a script called with ALL values
                            and set momentary but not sure what component has this prop
                            I’ done this on an imageUIbutton…if I’m correct
                            I will check that
                            But this “multi” will need lot of other work like buffers creating (86 at all single and multi),
                            system file for user patchs and the worst thing : update appropriate bytes in appropriate buffers( of panel) for each mods touched
                            Currently the virus panel as model is really hard to catch on how mods “write” bytes and even how you build your “buffers” I catch partially some things
                            to complicate I will add macros for sound automations this will add extra bytes to my multi
                            I must add a layer with 16 groups or custom comp to make this macro system “transparent”

edit : Atom I saw the name problem too

Attachments:
                            dasfaker
                            Keymaster
                              • ★★★

Currently the virus panel as model is really hard to catch on how mods “write” bytes and even how you build your “buffers” I catch partially some things

If you can explain me a bit more what you mean here I’ll be able to help you

dasfaker
                              Keymaster
                                • ★★★

here is a weird problem with the uiTabs when they’re called modulator-1 for some reason

Not just uiTabs, in the example panel from the “New builds” thread it happens with a uiSlider, and just renaming it to another things do the trick.

zeoka
                                Participant
                                  • ★★★

Thanks Atom
                                  One of my 2 tabs is linked currently and opened right with the new build
                                  I will use it to see if there is some things broken
                                  -for the visibility it is solved. “setVisible” replaced
                                  -changing imageslider via lua is still bad
                                  for the triggers I done
                                  (If someone encounters the issue he just had to add custom indexes and copy these lines)

--
                                  -- Called when the panel has finished loading
                                  --
                                  doctortrigga = function()
                                  for dt = 201,216,1 do 
                                   rep = panel:getModulatorWithProperty("modulatorCustomIndex",dt)
                                   rep:getComponent():setPropertyInt("uiButtonTriggerOnMouseDown",0)

dt2 = dt - 100
                                   rep2 = panel:getModulatorWithProperty("modulatorCustomIndex",dt2)
                                   rep2:getComponent():setPropertyInt("uiButtonTriggerOnMouseDown",0)

rep:getComponent():setPropertyInt("uiButtonTriggerOnMouseDown",1)
                                   rep2:getComponent():setPropertyInt("uiButtonTriggerOnMouseDown",1)
                                  end
                                  end
                                  zeoka
                                  Participant
                                    • ★★★

Hi Dasfaker
                                    i’don’t have Virus synth(I would have one ) so I can just imagine how your panel
                                    works with patch.
                                    there is 2 libs one of the panel
                                    one virus ?
                                    it seems possible to drag and drop between them
                                    the identifiers are hard to find sometimes
                                    you use a lot of things !!
                                    why I would have so much buffers ?
                                    single mode :4 + 32sounds + 1 drum map
                                    multi mode :16 + 32sounds + 1 drum map
                                    (the MQ can’t edit drum sounds but Ctrlr could ^^)
                                    current buffer : my sound mods ,use k0 to switch sysex
                                    current drum map : my dm mods
                                    2 mods to “say” : drum active or not (>0, 0)
                                    multi buffer : my multi mods + for user multis : “sets”, “vstassign” and “soundassign” mods
                                    I have factory sound banks and multi in txt file in table format
                                    actually I update my mods
                                    The main reasons I want buffer system are
                                    -the amount of sound mods
                                    -a multi in MQ just calls memory sounds (saved sounds)
                                    I will put 2 modes
                                    – sends all buffers when the panel switches multi
                                    – a mode “synced” when I have a “complete” bank of multi and sounds in my taste
                                    into the panel I send ALL in the MQ. that way there is no need to send any buffer
                                    just send the multi or sound select sysex if I want.

Anyway there always lot of things your panel
                                    Edit : I’m just afraid on how each sound mod will update the panels buffer bytes !

dasfaker
                                    Keymaster
                                      • ★★★

there is 2 libs one of the panel
                                      one virus ?
                                      it seems possible to drag and drop between them

There are two libs so you can open/copy/paste patches from two sources, but there is no drag&drop.

When you talk about buffers I suposse you mean a memoryBlock with the data of a patch. In this panel I only manage 1 part at a time, so I only use one buffer to store a patch (received from the synth or loaded in the browser), other to store the current state of the panel, and other to store a copied patch in the browser. I don’t use a buffer for every part.

It seems you want your panel working in a different way, storing a memoryBlock for each multi part or even a memoryBlock with all the multi data.

Be aware that you will need to duplicate your modulators by the amount of multi parts you manage if you want simultaneous automation in the daw.
                                      Another thing I’m not sure is if the memoryBlocks are stored when you reopen the panel, I think they’re not. If this is true, you could only store one buffer for one part (the state of the mods of the panel).

zeoka
                                      Participant
                                        • ★★★

if you use one buffer how you get “the next part” when you switch parts ?
                                        from the virus ?
                                        I want to use texts instead of memoryblocks because they have a “real state”
                                        currently the problem is I not remember how I done to update byte by mods in a text
                                        and that’s cause some cpu spike
                                        EDIT : anyway I don’t get how (in juceclass ref) to to replace bytes in a memoryblock
                                        I could use “called when the panel is saved” to store mblocks ?!
                                        anyway in my panel it will be possible to save the buffers in user sound ,that way
                                        that will solve the problem

for the sound automations I will do complex and dynamical things :
                                        VST1 : get the sysex of chosen mod ex filt1 drv (must be 0-127 range)
                                        of sound 1 (minus the part byte) + “assign sound number” value
                                        if mode btn is on multi

if panel focused on sound 1 = “assign sound number” value

link to mod filt1 drv
                                        midimessage : none
                                        (repaint) get topfeft pos. of filt1 drv group + topleft. filt1 drv +
                                        filt1 drv size) put it in my customcomp to shows what is automated

filt1 drv: set linktomod to VST1
                                        filt1 drv:set midimessage : sysex
                                        else
                                        “delink” VST1
                                        “delink” filt1 drv
                                        repaint = nil
                                        VST1:midimessage :sysex
                                        filt1 drv:set midimessage : none

the sound select listbox will update that too

I will use 16 “macros” + 16 vol , pan , fx glb.

EDIT 2 :
                                        And what about the buffers system you do Atom ?
                                        How multitimbral synth could benefit it ?
                                        Could help me ?

dasfaker
                                        Keymaster
                                          • ★★★

It’s not automated, you have to press get button, but it can be automated, just call your getPatch function when you switch part. This panel is meant to be used in the daw, one panel for each multi part you need. So I just only need to select a different part for each panel instance. Of course, out of the daw, I can select any part, do some changes, send to the synth, select another part, load a patch… but always once at a time.

About automation. If your panel receives, for instance, filter cutoff messages from several parts at the same time, can you manage them with just one filter cutoff modulator? Can you, in the daw, have several automation lines controlling the cutoff of different parts with just one cutoff modulator?

zeoka
                                          Participant
                                            • ★★★

of course
                                            this is I will do
                                            with a macro system like I describe badly above
                                            I think 16 is enough for me
                                            they could be 16 filt 1 cut off !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 80 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr