Panel not responding after a while, but behaving as a IMAGE file

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Panel not responding after a while, but behaving as a IMAGE file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spaggiodj
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 4

Hi guys
      First of all, beautiful work you’ve done by developing CTRLR, I might be the 10000 saying this but you deserve it.
      Second: after around 7 minutes that I use my VIRUS B panel on a Macbook Pro 10.7.5 in Cubase 7 (I’m not sure if it’s about the “time” or about “how many times do I open the panel”), and after fixing the “pointer issue” in Lila Editor, the panel stops responding and it looks like I’m dragging a PDF or a IMAGE file; do you have any idea on how to resolve this?
      Thanks!

PS=if I load the same panel next to it, and I don’t apply the fix, it keeps on working, so I guess the problem is on the fixMouseCursor() which I found here

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

What version of ctrlr are you using? I’ve been using build 1590 on both windows and os x for months and months since it was released for hours on end at a time both developing and using the panel and haven’t experienced this either on a mac or in windows.

Another way to address the issue with the mouse pointer (i’m assuming you were using an old panel that was dev’d before that JUCE change that triggered the infamous invisible mouse) is to simply select all modulators in the modulator list , then with the panel in edit mode (cmd+e, you should see a light grid over the GUI in edit mode) simply scroll down until you see the “mouse curser” attribute in the panel properties and change that to “Normal”. My hunch is that you accidentilly broke something with the fix you applied which I’m assuming involved some search & replace on the XML…

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 59 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr