please help get this on the road!!

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion please help get this on the road!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    midihooker
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

trying to find info on what to do to get this Ctrl-thing to work. I use win7 64x Ableton Live 32bit (still huh..). i have put the dll files in VST folders. I use a ESI m8xl midi interface that can work with more the one app at the time http://www.esi-audio.com/products/m8uxl/
      i load the vst dll file (i tryid many) on a audio-track, make a midi-track and route the midi from the audio track where i have the DSI-evovler plug in. Is that the same as a panel ?. anyway.. i manage to do program-changes this way, but thats it. And im not suprised either course Ableton is not in to sysex so i guess something more then this must be done!?? im felling like newbee but been making music with midi for 20years :lol:
      so can someone make a step-guide on how to archive these first steps? i found one but that was for midi-OX (or what it calls).. ye.. im new on PC to :lol: 25years on mac but last year on PC.
      so do i need to run Ctrl at the same time i run my DAW to get this to work?? i tryid to load a panel in Ctrl (dll. files) but Ctrl dident see them?? so dll. files is not panels?? im reeeeally confused as you hear..
      so.. help please. :roll:

kmoney
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 1
        • Total: 1

Agreed, a step by step set of instructions for Ableton users would be very helpful.

After 10 years of VSTs I’ve decided to integrate my old MIDI hardware (AN1x, MS2000, DX100, Juno 106, Poly 800), but I’ve found I’ve lost a lot of my MIDI knowledge and I am lost when applying it to Ableton. *sigh*

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘General MIDI discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 130 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr