Please help with getting Korg 05r/w panel to work.

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Please help with getting Korg 05r/w panel to work.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    PossemoPossemo
    Participant
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 587
    • Total: 600
    • ★★★

Here is the fixed panel. I moved the button “Read prog names frm dev” to the right place (COMBI tab). If you haven’t done your own patches I’d recommend a factory reset. For testing purpose different program and combi dumps may be helpful (attached to this post). After the reset don’t forget to enable sysex:
    GLOBAL -> 2C MIDI FILTER -> EX:ENA

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by PossemoPossemo.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    PossemoPossemo
    Participant
    • ★★★

I discovered some more bugs which I will fix in my enhanced panel. Combi editor wasn’t very useful as program selectors did not work. Anyway, I’d still say that it is well coded. The 05R/W is quite complex and the code is very condensed. This makes it elegant but on the other hand it becomes quite vulnerable to bugs.

Gnasher
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 18
    • Total: 18

“Anyway, I’d still say that it is well coded. ”

Agreed, it’s a huge step forward in making programming the 05r/W a joy for simpleminded peeps like me 🙂
    I am looking forward to see your enhanced version.

PossemoPossemo
    Participant
    • ★★★

I just never have time to spare for this panel. But as it is already about 90% done I am confindent that I will finish it this year. For now the library will need to be loaded each time you start the panel otherwise it will crash. It is able to load files from other editors – .pcg files (Korg X3) and .05r files.

I wanted to attach the unfinished panel to this post but it seems that it does not accept even a tiny 1.1 MB file anymore.

Here from google drive:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ouZPakR-XcJdlDCQldg7luGG4LF4JYs3/view?usp=sharing

And some patch banks to try out:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oCyM4fJvgaEoYfkRk7TZnHU2zQRQoAkf/view?usp=sharing

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
There is currently 0 users and 25 guests online
No users are currently active
Forum Statistics
Threads: 2,278, Posts: 15,932, Members: 58,262
Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!