Please help with getting Korg 05r/w panel to work.

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Please help with getting Korg 05r/w panel to work.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Possemo
    Participant
      • Topics: 14
      • Replies: 638
      • Total: 652
      • ★★★

Here is the fixed panel. I moved the button “Read prog names frm dev” to the right place (COMBI tab). If you haven’t done your own patches I’d recommend a factory reset. For testing purpose different program and combi dumps may be helpful (attached to this post). After the reset don’t forget to enable sysex:
      GLOBAL -> 2C MIDI FILTER -> EX:ENA

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Possemo.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Possemo
      Participant
        • ★★★

I discovered some more bugs which I will fix in my enhanced panel. Combi editor wasn’t very useful as program selectors did not work. Anyway, I’d still say that it is well coded. The 05R/W is quite complex and the code is very condensed. This makes it elegant but on the other hand it becomes quite vulnerable to bugs.

Gnasher
        Participant
          • Topics: 0
          • Replies: 18
          • Total: 18

“Anyway, I’d still say that it is well coded. ”

Agreed, it’s a huge step forward in making programming the 05r/W a joy for simpleminded peeps like me 🙂
          I am looking forward to see your enhanced version.

Possemo
          Participant
            • ★★★

I just never have time to spare for this panel. But as it is already about 90% done I am confindent that I will finish it this year. For now the library will need to be loaded each time you start the panel otherwise it will crash. It is able to load files from other editors – .pcg files (Korg X3) and .05r files.

I wanted to attach the unfinished panel to this post but it seems that it does not accept even a tiny 1.1 MB file anymore.

Here from google drive:
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ouZPakR-XcJdlDCQldg7luGG4LF4JYs3/view?usp=sharing

And some patch banks to try out:
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oCyM4fJvgaEoYfkRk7TZnHU2zQRQoAkf/view?usp=sharing

Sparrie84
            Participant
              • Replies: 2
              • Total: 2

Possemo, I was wondering if you managed to find time to finish the enhanced panel for the Korg 05r/w?

Possemo
              Participant
                • ★★★

No, I’m afraid I did not finish it until now. But there is still hope that it will be done in the year 2020. I was very close when I stopped working on it.

Sparrie84
                Participant

Thanks, I know time is a scarce recource, so this is just to let you know that if you somehow manage to finish the panel, there will be at least one very happy Korg user (but I imagine there are more like me…)

skeletoncity
                  Participant
                    • Replies: 1
                    • Total: 1

Wow.. Thank you for working on this.. I was so confused by the positive reviews of the original panel – your current version already makes this little synth more usable. I will check to see if you ever finish it. Thanks!!!

Nercromix
                    Participant

I’m also interested in this panel, thank you guys for all the hard work on this!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
                    • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                    There is currently 0 users and 64 guests online
                    No users are currently active
                    Forum Statistics
                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                    Ctrlr