Program Snapshots Menu not working on Mac?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Program Snapshots Menu not working on Mac?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    carillonaudioblog
    Participant
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 9
      • Total: 15

Hello Everyone,

How can I edit my synth and save CTRLR’s panel settings within CTRLR? I want to save all the “Programs/Patches/Presets” that I create inside CTRLR rather than on the synth itself.

I have been using CTRTL for over a year, and on previous versions (for Mac) there was a Snapshot Library/ Program Manager where you could save snapshots and name them. It allowed you to recall them and all the settings would be recalled to the panel. Then you could send the panel settings to your synth. So you made one panel, but saved Programs/Patches/Presets within the Program Manager to that panel.

I don’t see that anymore. I am on Mac 5.3.163. My “Programs” menu only has: Program Snapshot, Send Snapshot, Snapshot on load and Snapshot on Program change. I swear it used to have a Program Manager choice there before.

How do you save your presets?

Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Nick

carillonaudioblog
      Participant

In case this isn’t clear…

Shouldn’t there be a menu/submenu called ‘Snapshots’ under the ‘Programs’ menu which then gives me a list of the snapshots I have saved with names like ‘Snapshot – xx:xx:xx’.

It does not exist on my MAC version 5.3.163. Is this a glitch or was it removed from CTRLR entirely?

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

This might be my fault i might have deleted too much code i thought was not beeing used, i’ll try to fix that asap.

carillonaudioblog
          Participant

Thanks Atom.

Did you ever get a chance to look into this?

atom
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 159
              • Replies: 2945
              • Total: 3104
              • ★★★★★

Yes i fixed that in the sources, but i didn’t get a chance to do a mac build. I’ll be trying to do them this weekend i hope.

carillonaudioblog
              Participant

Great.
                I have been keeping an eye out for the update. Did you ever work our the issue? I tried loading some older versions of CTRLR to see if the program snapshot menu was there, and it is on older versions, but I do not get the program snapshot manager where it lists the programs so you can re-name them and such.

Thanks, and I donated to the OSX build fund!

Possemo
                Participant
                  • Topics: 14
                  • Replies: 638
                  • Total: 652
                  • ★★★

Just to say, this has been removed on Windows ver. too. I don’t need it, so no problem for me. You can still acces the Snapshots with menu panel->MIDI Library.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Possemo.
                  msepsis
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 219
                    • Replies: 732
                    • Total: 951
                    • ★★★

*bump* on the mac build with working snapshot – it’s been a while. I would LOVE to see these snapshots that work!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Possemo
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 14
                      • Replies: 638
                      • Total: 652
                      • ★★★

It seems that they are actually working (or has it been fixed in the new ver.?). It is just the menu that does not show the saved snapshots. you have to load them in the menu “midi library” then you can send the actual state with the “programs” menu.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Possemo.
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                    There is currently 0 users and 60 guests online
                    No users are currently active
                    Forum Statistics
                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                    Ctrlr