prophet 8

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr prophet 8

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    rob-a
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 4

Hi. I’m trying to use ctrlr with my prophet 8 but every time it sends a request for the prophets patches, its somehow scrambling all the patches and they turn blank on the actual synth. I’ve re-installed them and tried again and the same thing happens.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Rob

reklamchef
      Participant
        • Topics: 18
        • Replies: 40
        • Total: 58

you are doing really well because ctrlr doesn’t transmit any messages at all to my hardware. i find it hard to believe you’re even getting a signal into your midi interface from ctrlr.

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

What panel are you using for the prophet 8. Ctrlr itself doesn’t change any MIDI received/transmitted, it’s the panel that’s doing all the MIDI work.

So first tell us what panel you are using or maybe you are trying to create your own one ?

rob-a
          Participant

I’m using the prophet 8 panel (ctrlr 5.2.165). Open it – hit ‘receive’ – hit ‘ok’ when it asks and the patches start transferring but immediately some patches display ‘????????’ and go silent. The patches that work can be edited from ctrlr. I’ve re-installed the sound banks and its fine but happens every time.

Cheers.

rob-a
            Participant

So, following on. Today I’ve tried ctrlr to edit a basic patch on prophet 8 which seemed to work fine, managed to create a sequence track and edit lovely. However, when I began using the prophet, I noticed all the controls are showing limited ranges – say from 0 – 34 rather than 127 and this happens across all patches. I’ve had to re-install factory patches again. Am I doing something worng as no one else seems to be having any problems.

Cheers

Andyman
              Participant
                • Topics: 0
                • Replies: 1
                • Total: 1

Hi, I have exact the same problem, some patches “crashes” when I try to receive them from the prophet — any solutions?
                Kind regards… Andreas

chapolin
                Participant
                  • Total: 2

Hello,

I have the same problem … exactly …

Somtetime it worked, but nether fine …

Maybe there is a good stteing to do in global in the prophet 08 ?

Now when i try to receive the banks from the prophet i have this message in the terminal from where i put on ctrl (I am on linux ubuntu):

“BAnk1PatchesTable size: 0
                  Bank1PatchesTable incomplete, requesting names from Prophet08…
                  Program Dump requested”

Or today, I have this message:

“MIDI message received…
                  problem with program dump, midi message too small, operation stoped…”

Thank you very much by advance for your help.

Cheers

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by chapolin.
                  chapolin
                  Participant
                    • Total: 2

I come back ! I solved my problem !

I use a midi patch (m4uxt) and simplesyssexer to send and receive syssex from the prophet08. So when I connect CTRLR + simplesyssexer at the same time to the P08 CTRLR not work fine and some errors like before appear !

At the same time if i launch CTRLR from a linux terminal and after I had the errors and stopped CTRLR I think some process stay in the ram or something like that with the terminal … So after used CTRLR + simplesyssexer, I have some errors and if I disconnect simplesyssexer and launch again CTRLR from the same terminal it not work. But if I close the terminal and launch CTRLR from a new terminal now it work, I can receive the bank from the prophet08 and pilot the prophet08 from CTRLR !!

Sorry for my bad english and hope it will help you !

jerome
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 4
                      • Replies: 13
                      • Total: 17

Thank you work for your amazing work, atom for ctrl and carl licroy for the prophet 08 panel.

Please where can I download the previous versions of the panel (for example 2.0) because the 2.1 doesn’t receive patches from the prophet 08 and doesn’t save the patches on the pc. When I click on the buttons, nothing happens.
                      I tried version 1 of the panel, found on the dsi forum and it works.
                      I use the last version of ctrlr.
                      I can edit the synth with both 2.1 and 1.0

Carl Licroy
                      Participant
                        • Topics: 3
                        • Replies: 28
                        • Total: 31

Hi Jerome,

I’m expecting the same problem with last version of ctrlr… it’s because the lua methods are called when “mouse is down on the component” and all these launchers have disappeared on last version of ctrlr 🙁 Atom can you help? It’s sad because the bug with buttons has disappeared on Mac with this version…

The panel works fine on Mac version 5.3.122. So I recommend to use previous ctrlr version with my panel until ctrlr is updated. I don’t recommend to use old versions Power08 because I worked hard to fix a lot of bugs and to properly handle DSI “packed midi data”…

Carl Licroy
                        Participant

Sorry I realised that I wasn’t using the last ctrlr version. I still experience problems with buttons on ctrlr with last mac version. But the browser works well. By the way I don’t use lua coroutines anymore so requesting data dump from P8 should work well. Which version are you using Jerome?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Carl Licroy.
                          Carl Licroy
                          Participant

Ok then I’ve just uploaded a new update of Power08 (v.2.0.2). I’ve replaced all buttons with listbox 😛 Now it works even with last version of ctrlr. I was not happy with colors of the panel and made some changes… Hope you will like it!

jerome
                            Participant

Hi Carl Liroy,

I was using CTRLR Ctrlr-5.3.94 and it didn’t work.
                              I tried Ctrlr-5.3.186 and it worked with your panel for prophet 08 2.0.1 !
                              I’ve just downloaded your new prophet 08 panel 2.0.2 and it works too.

Thank you for your amazing job!

A few questions:

In the panel, when I click on save in the browser, in the synth section, the program requests a dump from the prophet08 before saving the data to disk. Why not just save the actual bank that is in the computer memory?
                              The dump of a bank can already be made when clicking on “Receive” button.
                              How can I save the bank that is in the computer memory?

Is it possible to copy a sound from one layer to an other?
                              For example I want to copy all the parameters from Sound1 Layer A to Sound2 Layer B.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Jerome

Carl Licroy
                              Participant

Yes that’s true. It’s because the “receive” button only get names of the presets stored on the P8. Each time you double click a preset, the P8 sends all data of the selected preset. And when you want to save a bank, the panel asks for all presets and store them in a sysex file.
                                It’s because the panel is not bidirectional. Storing presets momentary on the computer disk would be harder to program and not safe if you change a parameter directly on your P8.
                                In fact, I prefer to save my presets on my computer disk because I don’t have any bank size limit and I can sort presets and organize them with folders. That’s why synth browser is for me just a step to recover banks from third parties.
                                Copying layer parameters to the other is not implemented yet but it’s a good idea and will add it in next update 😉

jerome
                                Participant

Ok, thank you for these informations Carl. And Bravo again for your work. The copy/paste would be a very good addition. I will follow with attention your Prophet 08 panel.

Carl Licroy
                                  Participant

Hi Jerome!

A new version is available and you can copy or reset layers. 😉

Hope you like it.

jerome
                                    Participant

Thank you Carl!
                                      I will try it as soon as possible.
                                      keep up your good work?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                    There is currently 0 users and 38 guests online
                                    No users are currently active
                                    Forum Statistics
                                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                    Ctrlr