Question about sending values

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Question about sending values

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zaiusz
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

Hi, I’ve been trying to learn Ctrlr and I’ve arrived at a potentially stupid question that I can’t seem to figure out. Tried to use the search but I feel like it’s probably so obvious that I’m just missing it.

What’s the easiest way to make a slider work backwards? Ie. I want CC values from the minimum position of the control to start the value at 127 and at the end of the control end at 0. I tried a few things with no luck… I hope the answer is not involving math expressions because that’s currently beyond my understanding..

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

No, you aren’t missing anything. This is so rarely used that there is no “one-click” solution for this. Btw. what do you intend to do?

One way is to use a math expression. A very easy one – insert the following into the “Expression to evaluate when calculating the midi message value from the modulator value”:

127-modulatorValue

That is if your modulator goes from 0 to 127. The modulator will still show values from 0 to 127 but it will send values from 127 to 0. If you want a modulator that shows the correct values you could usa a uiFixedSlider. You will find some examples of fixed sliders if you search the forum.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Possemo.
        zaiusz
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 1
          • Total: 2

Hi Possemo, thanks for the suggestion, that sounds like it may work. The reason I need to do this is the particular synth I’m making a controller for has the controller values for both the osc range and the waveform selection backwards and I’d like it to operate just like it does on the front panel of the synth. No idea why they mapped the cc’s like that…

Possemo
          Participant
            • Topics: 14
            • Replies: 638
            • Total: 652
            • ★★★

Ah I see. I had to do that too on one parameter of the Korg 05/RW. The inversed values are obviously a bug, but as said, this is no big deal. When I realised that the values were inversed I thought “oh my, that one will need higher mathematics”. Heh, at the end it was ridiculously simple – just subtract the actual value from the max value…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Possemo.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 35 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr