Quick question about OSX Status.

Home Forums Platform Specific OSX Quick question about OSX Status.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Bomma72
    Participant
      • Topics: 20
      • Replies: 68
      • Total: 88

I don’t want this to sound pushy so I apologize if this comes across this way.  I am very appreciative of all the work that has gone into this software.   Also I totally understand that these things take time to accomplish.

That being said if someone can answer my questions this would be greatly appreciated.

What is the current build of the OSX version of Ctrlr.  From reading the posts it seems the OSX version has to be compiled differently then the MS version so it is not like you can just pull down the latest nightly build correct?

Does the latest build work with Logic or not.  There are posts about this but they don’t seem to be resolved.

SWB
      Participant
        • Topics: 35
        • Replies: 157
        • Total: 192
        • ★★

I’m using at the moment r1305 in standalone mode, so far without problems. No need to compile or so, just double click the dmg, double click the installer and drag Ctrlr to wherever you want it to live. I don’t use Logic, I’m using Digital Performer. At this/my stage of panel development it is not relevant which DAW. I have yet to discover though if an AU instance of my panel “to be” will actually work in Digital Performer. If I find problems I will post them, for sure 😉

artofnois
        Participant
          • Topics: 26
          • Replies: 40
          • Total: 66

For latest version take a look at http://ctrlr.org/nightly/

Bomma72
          Participant
            • Topics: 20
            • Replies: 68
            • Total: 88

Thanks guys

atom
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 159
              • Replies: 2945
              • Total: 3104
              • ★★★★★

I’m trying to keep the current. I’m doing the builds on 10.8.2 with XCode 4.5.2 and compat SDK 10.7 you can always see the build env data in the Help->About box.

msepsis
              Participant
                • Topics: 219
                • Replies: 732
                • Total: 951
                • ★★★

The latest few ctrlr revs for mac have been rock solid on my 10.6.8 macPro and macBookPro. Hadn’t fired up my pc for ctrlr till tonight since January 🙂

With that said, I’m curious, are the mac ctrlr revs 32 bit or do they run in 32/64 bit mode depending on the setting of the OS or DAW capability? I’m curious so I know when I’m exporting instances if they’re 64 bit or 32 bit au/vsts

Thanks again atom. To answer the OP’s question I have to say that if it’s running well in 10.6.8 and was compiled in 10.8 the OS X ctrlr builds are ready for prime time.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

The binaries are universal that is both 32 and 64bit binaries are inside one binary (that’s why the DMG is that big)

matrix12x
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 0
                    • Replies: 2
                    • Total: 2

Hi I am new here. I was wondering if there was ever a PowerPC version of any of the builds? This seems to run solid 

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

There was once but i just don’t do PPC builds since i have no way of testing them. Also i’m not sure how is the OS compatibility on PPC, as long as JUCE compiles on PPC (and i think that platform is still supported), Ctrlr should compile too.

atom
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★★★

If someone can provide me with an environment for PPC builds i’ll be glad to do them, but i’m on X86 and on 10.8.2 OSX level and i don’t think it’s possible to get PPC builds to run in the latest XCode. But i might be wrong.

matrix12x
                        Participant
                          • Topics: 0
                          • Replies: 2
                          • Total: 2

Thanks. I did a bit of research and you are correct. As is Xcode 4.0 and up cannot compile for PPC. There is some weird work around by installing Xcode 3 and then Xcode 4 and doing a few other things. What a pain.

msepsis
                          Participant
                            • Topics: 219
                            • Replies: 732
                            • Total: 951
                            • ★★★

seeing that the last PPC mac was built in 2006 and hell no apple no longer supports them or even gen 1 or 2 macPros from 2007-2009, I’d suggest to hell with ctrlr attempting to support PPC.

If there ever is a landmark longTermStable release of ctrlr then maybe consider porting it to PPC… but given the ambitious revision schedule of ctrlr I think supporting PPC would be a shot in the foot which would slow down progress to the 99% only for the 1% of ppl still running a PPC mac.

/my2pennies

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
                            Keymaster
                              • ★★★★★

Like i said i can do that ONYL if i have the appropriate hardware for testing, since i don’t (i barely got a MAC on x86) i can’t provide any support for PPC.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘OSX’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                            There is currently 0 users and 55 guests online
                            No users are currently active
                            Forum Statistics
                            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                            Ctrlr