Radio button in a modulator group needs a default setting

Home Forums General Programming Radio button in a modulator group needs a default setting

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    damien
    Participant
      • Topics: 15
      • Replies: 62
      • Total: 77

Hi,
      I have several groups of buttons defined as radio buttons.
      I want to set one button let’s say ButtonA as a default ON if none of them are ON.

ButtonA, ButtonB and ButtonC are radio buttons in the same group.
      If ButtonA is ON and I press Button B, then ButtonA switch to OFF and B to ON. Perfect.
      But If Button A is ON and I press A again or, if Button A receives a Midi IN message to OFF, None of the Button from the Group Will be ON, it’s no longer a Radio button stack.
      How do I manage to have a fallback or default button from the group to be ON like Real Radio buttons that you can’t click twice?

Thanks a lot

dnaldoog
      Participant
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 480
        • Total: 484
        • ★★

Hi Damien,

I did something similar in my JD-990 panel, but all in lua:
        ctrlr.org/roland-jd990-super-editor/
        I use similar code for the Tone Switch buttons.

--
        -- Called when a mouse is down on this component
        --

myRadio = function(--[[ CtrlrComponent --]] comp, --[[ MouseEvent --]] event)
        local modName=L(comp:getOwner():getName())

local t={"ButtonA","ButtonB","ButtonC"}
        for _,v in ipairs(t)do
        	panel:getModulatorByName(v):getComponent():setValue(0,false)--set all other modulators to false
        	if v==modName then
        		-- do something
        		panel:getLabel("debug"):setText(v)
        	end
        end

end --f

Not sure if this is what you are after?

You might have to initialise one of the buttons on startup to make sure one is engaged perhaps.

Regards,

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: removed getValue () variable because it always returns 1 so not very useful
        Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        dnaldoog
        Participant
          • ★★

Well it becomes difficult when you need to use these buttons as toggle buttons sending MIDI 0/1 or 0/127.

Here is a more developed version:

First I have an some initialising code in a function that runs when the panel loads.

--
          -- Called when the panel has finished loading
          --
          -- @type the type of instance beeing started, types available in the CtrlrPanel
          -- class as enum
          --
          -- InstanceSingle
          -- InstanceMulti
          -- InstanceSingleRestriced
          -- InstanceSingleEngine
          -- InstanceMultiEngine
          -- InstanceSingleRestrictedEngine
          --
          init = function(--[[ CtrlrInstance --]] type)
          dontBlock=false
          panel:getModulatorByName("ButtonA"):setValue(1,false)
          panel:getModulatorByName("ButtonB"):setValue(0,false)
          panel:getModulatorByName("ButtonC"):setValue(0,false)
          myGlobal="ButtonA"
          globalValue=127
          end

then a common mouse down function attached to each button:

--
          --

dontBlock=true
          if dontBlock then
          local t={ButtonA=75,ButtonB=76,ButtonC=77}
          for k,v in pairs(t)do
          	panel:getModulatorByName(k):getComponent():setValue(0,false)--set all other modulators to false
          	if k==modName then
          	if myGlobal==tostring(k) and globalValue==127 then
          	globalValue=0
          else
          	globalValue=127
          	end
          		-- do something
          		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage(string.format("B6 %.2x %.2x",v,globalValue)))
          		panel:getLabel("debug"):setText(k.."\nsending "..string.format("%.2X",globalValue))
          	myGlobal=tostring(k)

end
          end
          end -- dontBlock
          end --f

Note the change in the t{} table to a hash table:

Regards,

JG

screenshot of lua radio group panel

Attachments:
          damien
          Participant

Hi Dnaldoog,
            Thanks for the reply, I checked your exemple panel and it’s exactly what I want, same for the one you put on your JD990.
            I saw that on your tone selector in the JD990 you used the method on valueChange and in the exemple panel you assigned the method to onClick

Can you explain me the difference and the benefits?

I also cannot manage to make this script work on mine since it’s uiImageButton and not uiButton maybe it’s a bug from ctrlr for mac or my script is wrong, even with a striped down version to check onclick I don’t get anything in the console :

UnitSelect = function(--[[ CtrlrComponent --]] comp, --[[ MouseEvent --]] event)
            console("Test Script UnitSelect")
            end

Here’s my “intended” script:

--
            --

UnitSelect = function(--[[ CtrlrComponent --]] comp, --[[ MouseEvent --]] event)

console("UnitSelect is fired")

console(modName)

local t={"ViButComA","ViButComB","ViButComC","ViButComD"}

for _,v in ipairs(t)do

panel:getModulatorByName(v):setModulatorValue(false, false, false, false)	-- Set all other modulators to false

if v==ViButComA then
            		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0xf7})) -- Press Button
            		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x08, 0x00, 0xf7})) -- Release Button
            		console("Unit Button Pressed"..toString(v))
            	elseif v==ViButComB then
            		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x01, 0xf7})) -- Press Button
            		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x08, 0x01, 0xf7})) -- Release Button
            	elseif v==ViButComC then
            		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x02, 0xf7})) -- Press Button
            		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x08, 0x02, 0xf7})) -- Release Button
            	elseif v==ViButComD then
            		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x03, 0xf7})) -- Press Button
            		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x08, 0x03, 0xf7})) -- Release Button
            	end
            end

end

When I assign this script in the value change method it loops like crazy 🙂

Any clue about what could be possibly wrong?

I just need 1 shared script by 4 buttons with 4 different messages sent according to the button pressed and the radiobutton feature like in you demo. I am struggling to get this done.

Thanks a lot

Damien

damien
            Participant

Edit:
              Attached a demo script where button launch the script on mouse down, and the same with imageButton does not. (console)

Attachments:
              damien
              Participant

DnaldDoog,
                Don’t worry my friend. I know your post vanished in the abyss but I received it via mail. I’ll check your method tomorrow. My main concern is that “on mouse down” feature doesn’t work properly with images as button, it’s something wrong with the Ctrlr app itself.
                I’ll check and try what you posted.

thanks a lot!

dnaldoog wrote:

Well it becomes difficult when you need to use these buttons as toggle buttons sending MIDI 0/1 or 0/127.

Here is a more developed version:

First I have an some initialising code in a function that runs when the panel loads.

— Called when the panel has finished loading

— @type the type of instance beeing started, types available in the CtrlrPanel
                — class as enum

— InstanceSingle
                — InstanceMulti
                — InstanceSingleRestriced
                — InstanceSingleEngine
                — InstanceMultiEngine
                — InstanceSingleRestrictedEngine

init = function(–[[ CtrlrInstance –]] type)
                dontBlock=false
                panel:getModulatorByName(“ButtonA”):setValue(1,false)
                panel:getModulatorByName(“ButtonB”):setValue(0,false)
                panel:getModulatorByName(“ButtonC”):setValue(0,false)
                myGlobal=”ButtonA”
                globalValue=127
                end

then a common mouse down function attached to each button:

— Called when a mouse is down on this component

myRadio = function(–[[ CtrlrComponent –]] comp, –[[ MouseEvent –]] event)
                dontBlock=true
                if dontBlock then
                for k,v in pairs(t)do
                panel:getModulatorByName(k):getComponent():setValue(0,false)–set all other modulators to false
                if k==modName then
                globalValue=0
                else
                globalValue=127
                end
                — do something
                panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage(string.format(“B6 %.2x %.2x”,v,globalValue)))
                panel:getLabel(“debug”):setText(k..”\nsending “..string.format(“%.2X”,globalValue))
                myGlobal=tostring(k)

end
                end
                end — dontBlock
                end –f

Note the change in the t{} table to a hash table:

Regards,

JG

dnaldoog
                Participant
                  • ★★

Hi Damien,

It’s probably a bug, but you can’t use mouse down functions with uiImageButtons. The label will pick up the mousedown, but not the main body of the image button.

What I do sometimes is have an invisible uiButton sitting above in a separate layer. If you do this though, you won’t see the button image changing (like a red light on etc) so if you want all the visuals then you have to use a called when modulator value changes function which means the lua will be always firing ( which could create an infinite loop ) as was discussed here ctrlr.org/forums/topic/lua-scripts-in-positive-feedback-loop/ recently, so a redesign/rethink would be necessary.

In your code if v==ViButComA then is viButComA a variable set to panel:getModulatorByName(“viButComA “)?

If it is, then you are comparing a string ‘v’ to an object. Would need to be if v == "ViButComA "

Also, I don’t think setModulator() can take a boolean – needs to be an integer.

panel:getModulatorByName(v):setModulatorValue(false, false, false, false) -- Set all other modulators to false

but better to use:

panel:getModulatorByName(v):setValue(0, false,)I think

And also, the if / else is not necessary in that loop, because you are running through each element anyway, so something like:

for i,v in ipairs(t)do

panel:getModulatorByName(v):setValue(0, false)	-- Set all other modulators to false

-- not sure about what the above achieves

panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, i-1, 0xf7})) -- Press Button
                  panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x08, i-1, 0xf7})) -- Release Button
                  end

?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: typos etc
                  dnaldoog
                  Participant
                    • ★★

Hi Damien,

Here is a panel that might do what you want to do using uiButtonImage.

Previous post has been blocked again and is awaiting moderation.

I’ll post it again here:

This is how to do it using when modulator value changes with uiImageButton. It’s a bit more complicated.
                    If I understand the sysex you’re trying to send that is,

UnitSelect = function(--[[ CtrlrModulator --]] mod, --[[ number --]] value, --[[ number --]] source)
                    if source==4 then -- should stop this code running on start

local n=L(mod:getName())
                    	local t={ViButComA=0,ViButComB=1,ViButComC=2,ViButComD=3}

console("Unit Selected Value : "..n)

for k,v in pairs(t)do
                    if k==n then
                    panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, v, 0xf7})) -- press button
                    panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x08, v, 0xf7})) -- release button
                    		else
                    			panel:getModulatorByName(k):setValue(0, true)
                    		console(k.." was set to zero")
                    		end -- fi
                    	end -- for
                    	console('----------------------------')
                    end -- source ==4 (user clicked on a button - not lua generated
                    end

In an init function:

panel:getModulatorByName("ViButComA"):setValue(1,true)
                    panel:getModulatorByName("ViButComB"):setValue(0,true)
                    panel:getModulatorByName("ViButComC"):setValue(0,true)
                    panel:getModulatorByName("ViButComD"):setValue(0,true)
                    end

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: added blocked post comments
                    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: fixed some buggy code and reluploaded a new panel
                    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by dnaldoog.
                    Attachments:
                    damien
                    Participant

Hi Dnaldoog,

This is awesome! it’s working perfectly.
                      In my case pressing buttons requires 2 messages : pressing (00) and releasing (08), because there is combo with 2 or 3 button pressing at the same time. In the latter case, you have 2 “press” button registered then a 3rd one that defines the task to do like saving banks or switching FX from Unit A or B etc… the implementation of sysex in this DP4 is very complex.

So the script is :

UnitSelect = function(--[[ CtrlrModulator --]] mod, --[[ number --]] value, --[[ number --]] source)

for k,v in pairs(t)do
                      		if k==n then
                      			panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0, v, 0xf7})) -- press button
                      			panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, value*8, t[n], 0xf7})) -- release button
                      		else
                      			panel:getModulatorByName(k):setValue(0,false) -- true can create an infinite loop			
                      		end -- fi
                      	end -- for

end

I wonder were did you get this “source” tag from and since manually is value = 4 I really want to know what other values represent. This is secret weapon.

I blocked/allowed sending param value on refresh for all the knobs with a statement in my “send message” script :

-- BLOCK UPDATE IF THE VALUE CHANGE IS FROM AN EDIT BUFFER REQUEST
                      if AllowStatusUpdate == 0 then
                      	console("Param BLOCKED Because AllowStatusUpdate is OFF")
                      else
                      	panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage(m:toHexString(1)))
                      end

So the parameter value message bond to the modulators is only sent by hand command.

And added a mousedown method on every knobs

ParamAllowStatusUpdate = function(--[[ CtrlrComponent --]] comp, --[[ MouseEvent --]] event)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      --	BLOCK CTRLR TO SEND PARAM CHANGE AFTER RECEIVING EDIT BUFFER MESSAGE
                      --	ONLY PARAM CHANGE FROM MOUSEDOWN ARE ALLOWED
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------

AllowStatusUpdate = 1
                      console("AllowStatusUpdare ON via MouseDown on Param Knob")
                      end

This source == 4 condition will help me a lot cleaning up my script at the final stage.

Thank you so much for your help and sharing your knowledge, I really improved my logic skills with this project.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by damien. Reason: typo, missing part
                      damien
                      Participant

I am sorry I’ve been to fast, I thought this was working… but in fact it wasn’t.

The radio switching operates properly and the message is sent as well but if the image is clicked twice, the button position can be reset to OFF.
                        If the button is ON and clicked a second time it has to stay on and it’s not.

Check on your demo if you click a button twice, all set to OFF.

thanks

damien
                        Participant

Alright, I fixed the issue with a statement based on the current value of the clicked modulator

It sends the message only if the button was not ON before clicking on it.
                          And it locks the position to ON if clicked a second time without sending the sysex message twice.

local UnitModValue = panel:getModulatorByName(n):getModulatorValue()

console("Unit Selected Value : "..tostring(UnitModValue))

for k,v in pairs(t)do
                          		if k==n and UnitModValue == 0 then
                          			console("Unit Selected : "..tostring(k))
                          			panel:getModulatorByName(k):setValue(1, true)
                          		elseif k==n and UnitModValue == 1 then
                          			panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, v, 0xf7})) -- press button
                          			panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0x08, v, 0xf7})) -- release button
                          		elseif k~=n then

end -- fi
                          	end -- for

end

Hope it will help people having trouble with radio buttons like me 😉

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by damien.
                          • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by damien. Reason: addons
                          dnaldoog
                          Participant
                            • ★★

Hi Damien,

You were right about clicking twice on the button. I could have sworn I had fixed that!

Anyway, your code works beautifully.

The only problem now could be updating the radio button array from incoming MIDI, because source==4 will block that too. source==5 will allow lua code to run, but then you would run into problems with the lua creating infinite loops. This source parameter was a recent discovery for me.

Anyway I am re-posting another panel with your code for other people to look at in the future who might come across this problem.

button array panel

———————————————————
                            –[[
                            github.com/RomanKubiak/ctrlr/blob/de28dc3ad3591a5832f1e38ce8adabc9369b1011/Source/Lua/CtrlrLuaModulator.cpp
                            value(“initialValue”, 0),
                            value(“changedByHost”, 1),
                            value(“changedByMidiIn”, 2),
                            value(“changedByMidiController”, 3),
                            value(“changedByGUI”, 4),
                            value(“changedByLua”, 5),
                            value(“changedByProgram”, 6),
                            value(“changedByLink”, 7),
                            value(“changeByUnknown”, 8)
                            –]]

… so far I have only been seen values 4 or 5,6 generated

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by dnaldoog.
                            Attachments:
                            damien
                            Participant

Buttons are updated via midi since LUA method do the work. On midiIn update, the source = 5 but still fires the buttons sysex.
                              But I don’t wan’t my buttons to send values again on their update via MidiIn so I added a kind of callback value inside my midiReceived script :

ReceivingBufferEdit = 1 — Block Active Unit Update
                              script to update all the parameters on dump reception
                              ReceivingBufferEdit = 0 — Allow Active Unit Update

and on the radio type script I have :

if source==4 then  -- should stop this code running on start

console("Source for UnitSelect : "..(source))

if ReceivingBufferEdit==0 then -- Send button values only if they are not updated via Midi dump

for k,v in pairs(t)do
                              		elseif k==n and UnitModValue == 1 then
                              		elseif k~=n then

end -- fi
                              	end -- for

end

end

And it’s all good. Thank you for your help

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by damien. Reason: typo
                              dnaldoog
                              Participant
                                • ★★

Excellent!

I was thinking something like that would be necessary.

I haven’t really tested this ‘source’ thing too much.

Should be a good reference post for to others wanting to do this in future, because radio buttons aint easy!

Regards,

JG

dnaldoog
                                Participant
                                  • ★★

This is how to do it using when modulator value changes with uiImageButton. It’s a bit more complicated.
                                  If I understand the sysex you’re trying to send that is,

--
                                  -- Called when a modulator value changes
                                  -- @mod http://ctrlr.org/api/class_ctrlr_modulator.html
                                  -- @value new numeric value of the modulator
                                  --

for k,v in pairs(t)do
                                  		if k==n then
                                  			panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, value*8, t[n], 0xf7}))
                                  		else

panel:getModulatorByName(k):setValue(0,false) -- true can create an infinite loop
                                  			panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage({0xf0, 0x0f, 0x40, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x02, 0, v, 0xf7})) 

end -- fi
                                  	end -- for

end

In an init function:

--
                                  -- Called when the panel has finished loading
                                  --
                                  -- @type the type of instance beeing started, types available in the CtrlrPanel
                                  -- class as enum
                                  --
                                  -- InstanceSingle
                                  -- InstanceMulti
                                  -- InstanceSingleRestriced
                                  -- InstanceSingleEngine
                                  -- InstanceMultiEngine
                                  -- InstanceSingleRestrictedEngine
                                  --

panel:getModulatorByName("ViButComA"):setValue(1,true)
                                  panel:getModulatorByName("ViButComB"):setValue(0,true)
                                  panel:getModulatorByName("ViButComC"):setValue(0,true)
                                  panel:getModulatorByName("ViButComD"):setValue(0,true)
                                  end

Radio Buttons using uiImageButton

damien
                                  Participant

dontBlock=true
                                    if dontBlock then
                                    for k,v in pairs(t)do
                                    	panel:getModulatorByName(k):getComponent():setValue(0,false)--set all other modulators to false
                                    	if k==modName then
                                    	globalValue=0
                                    else
                                    	globalValue=127
                                    	end
                                    		-- do something
                                    		panel:sendMidiMessageNow(CtrlrMidiMessage(string.format("B6 %.2x %.2x",v,globalValue)))
                                    		panel:getLabel("debug"):setText(k.."\nsending "..string.format("%.2X",globalValue))
                                    	myGlobal=tostring(k)

end
                                    end
                                    end -- dontBlock
                                    end --f

Hi JG,
                                    I am working on a preset popup populated with tables containing the preset names.
                                    Everything is working perfectly but I have some issues with a statement between label names and what it should equals for the statement to be true.

It’s a method fired when some labels are clicked :

--  GET THE LABEL CLICKED SOURCE
                                    	local n = L(comp:getOwner():getName())
                                    	console ("name of the display label"..(n))

--	MAIN MENU
                                    		--PstSelectMain:addSectionHeader ("Select Unit Type")
                                    		if n==lblPrstUA or n==lblPrstUB or n==lblPrstUC or n==lblPrstUD then
                                    			PstSelectMain:addSubMenu("1 Unit RAM", Algo1UnitRamPreset, true, Image(), false, 0)
                                    			PstSelectMain:addSubMenu("1 Unit ROM", Algo1UnitRomPreset, true, Image(), false, 0)
                                    		end
                                    		if n==lblPrstUA or n==lblPrstUC then
                                    			console("U2 submenu")
                                    			PstSelectMain:addSubMenu("2 Unit RAM", Algo2UnitRamPreset, true, Image(), false, 0)
                                    			PstSelectMain:addSubMenu("2 Unit ROM", Algo2UnitRomPreset, true, Image(), false, 0)
                                    		end
                                    		if n==lblPrstUA then
                                    			console("U4 submenu")
                                    			PstSelectMain:addSubMenu("4 Unit RAM", Algo4UnitRamPreset, true, Image(), false, 0)
                                    			PstSelectMain:addSubMenu("4 Unit ROM", Algo4UnitRomPreset, true, Image(), false, 0)
                                    		end
                                    		if n==lblProgramName or lblAdditionalInfo then
                                    			console("Config submenu")
                                    			PstSelectMain:addSubMenu("Config RAM", ConfigRamPreset, true, Image(), false, 0)
                                    			PstSelectMain:addSubMenu("Config ROM", ConfigRomPreset, true, Image(), false, 0)
                                    		end

I don’t know why but even if n returns lblPrstUA i.e the statement if n==lblPrstUA is never true.

My script is alright if I remove all the above statements.

Thanks for your help, have a nice weekend

Damien

dnaldoog
                                    Participant
                                      • ★★

Hi Damien,

You need to surround those if statements with quotes (single or double) else lua is interpreting those as object names.

if n=="lblPrstUA" or n=="lblPrstUB" or n=="lblPrstUC" or n=="lblPrstUD" then

In the hash table example local t={ButtonA=75,ButtonB=76,ButtonC=77} ButtonA etc are variable names so no quotes needed. In a regular lua table of elements, you need quotes (unless it is a table of objects) local t={"ButtonA","ButtonB","ButtonC"}

Regards.

PS
                                      Be careful with if n==lblProgramName or lblAdditionalInfo – the second part of the if statement is checking for boolean truth.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: added warning about missing "or"
                                      damien
                                      Participant

if n=="lblPrstUA" or n=="lblPrstUB" or n=="lblPrstUC" or n=="lblPrstUD" then

Thank you very much, it makes sense. I changed it and it worked right away, like magic!
                                        take care

Damien

goodweather
                                        Participant
                                          • Topics: 45
                                          • Replies: 550
                                          • Total: 595
                                          • ★★★

That’s why it is best to use a variable name like sName (s for string) instead of n even if Lua do not make the difference.

About the Called on mouse down vs Called when changed:
                                          – with uiImageButton, indeed, the OnClick is only fired when you click on the label. I’m using that to display some value or help text without changing the actual value
                                          – but I’m going further by redirecting my OnChange method to the OnClick one because I also want to display the value and help text when the user changes the value

--
                                          -- Called when a modulator value changes
                                          -- @mod   http://ctrlr.org/api/class_ctrlr_modulator.html
                                          -- @value    new numeric value of the modulator
                                          --
                                          OnOff_OnChange = function(--[[ CtrlrModulator --]] mod, --[[ number --]] value, --[[ number --]] source)

-- No action while loading a program or if the panel is in bootstrap or program states
                                          	if not isPanelReady() then
                                          		return
                                          	end

OnOff_OnClick(mod:getComponent())

end

Best of both worlds 😉

dnaldoog
                                          Participant
                                            • ★★

Just an observation that the following code I wrote(see this post) is not logical:

for k,v in pairs(t)do

1. local UnitModValue = panel:getModulatorByName(n):getModulatorValue() This could just be value, but we don’t need it anyway as value passed in to the function parameter is always 1:
                                            2. if k==n and UnitModValue == 0 then this condition can never be reached (See #1)!
                                            3. Should be:

for k,v in pairs(t) do
                                              		if k==n then -- n = name of modulator clicked on
                                              			--do something
                                                              else
                                                             --set other radio buttons to 0 or off
                                              end

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by dnaldoog.
                                            Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 36 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr