redirect a CC# (D Beam Controller)

Home Forums General Programming redirect a CC# (D Beam Controller)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Synthetech
    Participant
      • Topics: 13
      • Replies: 70
      • Total: 83

What kind of scripting am I looking at to make Ctrlr translate an incoming CC#?

Say change CC#80 / Value 32  to CC#21 / Value 32

I’m guessing inside the IF/Then statements script that is activated when the Panel Rcv’s a Midi Message, include a IF that is activated by the Byte # or #’s that is unique to the D Beam message.

Make the IF point to the proper script that reads the Value of the incoming CC Value, then Re state it back out as a new CC# and the passed on Value.

Im sure I can figure out how to do the sniff/IF part OK, what I need help on is when the Value is passed onto the new script and how to output a Series of Hex values back out the Panel.

Is there a Panel already that does a Beam Control translation like this?

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

You can also do that without scripting by linking two sliders together, one that is configured for CC#80 and link that to another one for CC#21 when a CC#80 is received the link will move the linked controller and produce a CC#21 message.

Synthetech
        Participant

You know.. I never could figure out how to link modulators together.

I’ve tried, but the edit panel is confusing or doesnt seem to work properly.

I see “Modulator Linked to Panel Property”,  “Modulator Linked to Modulator Property”, etc…

But when I try to edit it, I get nothing to choose from the Modulator to Modulator..   and the “If linked to a modulator property, which modulator” is also all blank.

I dont understand the options for “Modulator linked to panel property”.

Also I don’t know how to make a slider/modulator react to an incoming MIDI message…   say the message incoming is MIDI channel 11, CC#80.

Sorry I’m lost here…

Synthetech
          Participant

any pointers to get me going on this??

msepsis
            Participant
              • Topics: 219
              • Replies: 732
              • Total: 951
              • ★★★

I dont have ctrlr installed on anything in front of me at the moment but the linking modulator parameters is pretty simple. lets say you have 2 knobs named modulator1 and modulator2. When you rotate modulator1 you want modulator2 to follow.

simple. in edit mode, select modulator2. on the far right, select “modulator1” in the “linked to other modulator property” selection box. I don’t recall the exact title of this field, it’s towards the top of the edit panel.

There used to be a little “refresh” button at the top of every modulator in edit mode. this needs to come back (atom!) as you will not get anything in the dropdown where you select which modulator property to link to unless you first deselect modulator2, then reselect it. Do that. deselect modulator2 then reselect it. Now you should be able to select “modulatorValue” from the dropdown “modulator property to link” … again I dont recall the exact nomenclature of that selection box but you’re 99% there, you likely just got snagged by the refresh bug.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Synthetech
              Participant

yea… see, that’s the problem for me.

No matter what I do, I cant get a selection of modulators to choose from in the Modulator linked to modulator combobox.

If I had a script constantly doing it at the panel…

I think I have the sniff code/if then it to another script that gets the byte value carried over to a new code with the 0-127 value…  I got all that down.

But I want to immediately resend a MIDI CC# of my choosing and that value.. on a channel of my choosing.. everytime the panel receives tha D Beam’s CC#80 command.

How do I send a sysex/hex code message with a variable number in it?

Synthetech
                Participant

I still need help in how to send a sysex/hex code message with a variable hex value number in it….

msepsis
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 219
                    • Replies: 732
                    • Total: 951
                    • ★★★

Synth –

I’m not sure if i completely follow what you need to do, but if you want to send a sysex message while inserting variable values, something like this should do the trick… I’m not sure where you’re getting the variable from, but the first line here sets a variable based on a modulator (“BlahKnob”) value. adjust as necessary

BLAH = panel:getModulatorByName(“BlahKnob”):getModulatorValue()
                    mySysexMessage = CtrlrMidiMessage({0xF0, 0x3E, 0x0e, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, (BLAH), 0x7F, 0xF7})
                    panel:sendMidiMessageNow(mySysexMessage)

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

wikter
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 5
                      • Replies: 49
                      • Total: 54

Hi… I’ve read this post and found an answer.
                      The fact is that Ctrlr doesn’t update the “modulators” list by itself.
                      You need to go through the General/Resources/Utility pages (just see them, touch nothing else than labels) and then the modulators update.
                      Then, select:
                      LinkToModulator: Modulator Name (selected from a list)
                      LinkToModulatorValue: “modulatorValue” (it’s the message to link to)

That’s all.
                      Starting a Ctrlr from scratch doesn’t allow to link modulators.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by wikter.

MVXSynths
                      R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

atom
                      Keymaster
                        • Topics: 159
                        • Replies: 2945
                        • Total: 3104
                        • ★★★★★

Yeah i need to make it update automagicaly, it just is a resource intensive task. I’ll try to make it a bit more usable.

wikter
                        Participant
                          • Topics: 5
                          • Replies: 49
                          • Total: 54

Why not a simple UPDATE button?
                          I think it’s something that is not a priority.
                          Autoupdate routines sometimes helps intensively crashes to appear. The actual method is easy when you know it.

MVXSynths
                          R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                        There is currently 0 users and 108 guests online
                        No users are currently active
                        Forum Statistics
                        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                        Ctrlr