Roland Alpha Juno 2 Ctrlr Raspberry Pi Project

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Roland Alpha Juno 2 Ctrlr Raspberry Pi Project

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sparkytupp
    Participant
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 9
      • Total: 13

Hi All

I have recently modified a pre-existing PG300 panel for the Alpha Juno (thanks Layzer and Bommer for making the original panel). The modifications allow the Ctrlr to receive CC messages from an EasyControl Midi Controller. I’ve managed to compile Ctrlr on a Raspberry Pi so the Controller is plugged in to the Pi and when Ctrlr responds to the CC messages it automatically sends the relevant System Exclusive messages to the Juno. I have changed the graphics of the original panel so that it is more representative of the EasyControl layout and have used 2 banks to cover 95% of parameters available. I have a 2 part video uploaded that demonstrates the system in action.

I have also reprogrammed using the LUA code to add a timbre control that goes through almost all the oscillator combinations. The videos are below.

Part 1
      Part 2

sparkytupp
      Participant
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 9
        • Total: 13

The Panel for my project above has been uploaded with this post. In order to use a cheap midi controller you will need the CC values for each parameter. I will upload those values here as soon as I can. If you can understand the LUA code then it should all be obvious anyway.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Possemo
        Participant
          • Topics: 14
          • Replies: 638
          • Total: 652
          • ★★★

Hey it would be nice if you could share your Raspberry build.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 72 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr