Roland MKS-50 Advanced

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Roland MKS-50 Advanced

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Possemo
    Participant
      • Topics: 14
      • Replies: 638
      • Total: 652
      • ★★★

I looked into the panel and it seems like the midichannel was done with a global variable. I am talking about this version:
      https://audiobombs.com/items/94/mks-50-advanced-synthesizer-programmer

So you can try to change the first number in the “Global variables” field. It is preset to 0 = midi channel 1. Look at the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Quimquim
      Participant
        • Topics: 7
        • Replies: 23
        • Total: 30

I’m wandering why you’re not able to get things work beside channel 1?

I’m actually building a panel with functions on ch 4, 10 and 11 and all work well in both way.

When you want to build a modulator to work on another channel than the one specified in the midi setup you must check the midiMessageChannelOveride in the midi section of the modulator and specify the channel in the midiMessageChannel.

Hope it help

Stay tuned. Quimquim

Possemo
        Participant
          • ★★★

Sorry, my previous “fix” does not work. You cannot change the global vars this way. Best would be to change all sliders sysex messages. Replace k0 with YY.

@quimquim
          : configuration is not obvious when you have to send sysex messages instead of CCs like on the mks-50. you have to use the variable YY within the sysex string.

dtraum
          Participant
            • Topics: 0
            • Replies: 2
            • Total: 2

Replacing the sysex message for all sliders from k0 to yy did the trick and the panel is now working on my preferred MIDI channel. Thank you sir!

Possemo
            Participant
              • ★★★

I didn’t remember if it had to be uppercase or lowercase, but you found that out yourself. Hey could you please share your updated panel here? I don’t have any alpha juno synth but I could make a quick page in the panel downloads section anyway.

adm
              Participant
                • Topics: 2
                • Replies: 4
                • Total: 6

Just getting to grips with this one after a few teething problems getting CTRLR to work on my system.

I’m having trouble getting the Patch to save which is a little frustrating. I can get the Tone to save, although the DCO envelope never saves (that could be part of a patch, and not a tone?)

Any ideas?

The error message I get (sometimes) when trying to save a patch is:
                Alt line [-1]: [C]
                What: C
                Namewhat: global
                Name: Console
                Error message: Ambiguous, candidates:
                void console(String const&)
                void console(std::string const&)

Method isabled.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers, ADM.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by adm.
                • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by adm.
                Possemo
                Participant
                  • ★★★

Are you using the recommended build: http://ctrlr.org/nightly/Ctrlr-5.3.201.exe ?
                  Console errors usually appear on some newer versions where the console command is screwed up.

The Console commands is useful for debugging, e.g. displaying the value of a variable in the console. When you heve finished debugging you should delete all console commands (or comment them out). They are slowing down Lua scripts significantly.

m.tarenskeen
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 30
                    • Replies: 113
                    • Total: 143
                    • ★★

Check your LUA code for lines that use console()
                    In code for my panels I replaced many instances of

console("this is a message")

to

console(String("this is a message"))

It fixed some problems on some versions of Ctrlr for me. I don’t know if it will fix your Patch save problem, but it might fix the error message. As far as I know my suggestion doesn’t hurt even if it doesn’t make sense.

BNj
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 1
                      • Replies: 3
                      • Total: 4

Hi
                      Am using the MKS 50 with my Juno2 synth. The only thing that works is the next button.
                      When i push this, the next sound on my Juno2 synth gets selected. But, when I move the sliders
                      to edit the sound of the current patch nothing happens. Am using the standalone version and Windows 8.1

Possemo
                      Participant
                        • ★★★

Is your Juno2 set to midi channel 1? Maybe you have to enable sysex on the synth I don’t know the Alpha Junos.

brunello
                        Participant
                          • Total: 5

Hi Bomma, and first of all thanks for your panel.You’ve made a great job!I’m just messing around with my Alpha Juno 2 and your Ctrlr Panel finding this issue:
                          I’m using the panel into Ableton Live so i created a midi track for CTrlr and an audio track feeded by the the Alpha Juno from the outputs of my Mackie. In the Arrangement view of Ableton if I select with the mouse the Ctrlr midi armed track and play any note the Volume is very low while if i select another any audio or vst synth track,letting armed the CTrlr midi track the Volume is much higher.It seems like when the panel is open the volume goes down.I’m wondering if I’m wrong with routing but can’t figure it out .My soundcard is a Focusrite Sapphire 24 DSP setted on Daw Tracking routing Preset receiving Mackie output on channells 1-2. Hoping I was’nt too confusing in my explanation Have you any advice about it?

brunello
                          Participant
                            • Total: 5

Hi there,this works well for me:
                            I’m using Ctrlr with MKS 50 panel into Ableton 9,5+ with an Alfa Juno 2 synth as keyboard .

Once I’ve armed an external instrument track with a CTRLR + MKS 50 istance, I start recording then from chain track I move each modulator i need clicking on and moving just a little bit the corresponding slider over the MKS 50 panel.At this point you’ll see the little triangle below each modulator you’ve moved turning to red and from now on you can tweak with the panel sliders recording every move.You can automate just only slider or all .it just depends on what you need.Finally I saved the CTRLR Panel configuration.

BNj
                            Participant
                              • Replies: 3
                              • Total: 4

Hi

This used to work fine for me. But now since I replaced my old harddisk with a new one, The controller only can choose next or previous sound. The sliders do not work anymore

Truman K.
                              Participant
                                • Topics: 0
                                • Replies: 1
                                • Total: 1

I guess the new Alpha Juno one will work for you. They are same.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
                              • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                              There is currently 0 users and 91 guests online
                              No users are currently active
                              Forum Statistics
                              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                              Ctrlr