Roland MKS80 – Having issues sending the Parameter value

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Roland MKS80 – Having issues sending the Parameter value

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    csmitty
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • Total: 1

hi,

i have a Roland MKS-80 and managed to send Sysex to the MKS but I am having trouble sending the Parameter Value.

The Sysex command is fine (I have a working MKS Programmer as Logic Environment which I use to compare but did not programmed myself), it’s just the Parameter Value that is not send or not send for the whole range (e.g. 0-100).

Here is my Sysex test command (the parameter in bold):

F0 41 36 00 20 30 01 02 00 F7
      -> only value 0 is sent, however I have set the minimum value to 0 and the maximum value to 100 within the “Component” tab of Ctrl

It should be just a simple thing that I have overlooked (this is my first time ever playing with Sysex and Ctrl).

Please help so I can share the final MKS Programmer 🙂

Enclosed is my MKS Test Panel.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      opuswerk
      Participant
        • Topics: 7
        • Replies: 102
        • Total: 109
        • ★★

You need to replace the 00 by xx z4. Z4 is the checksum Atom created for all the Roland gear, so i suspect this would help you there.

Also make sure all your Sysex command is either all in caps or all in lowercase. While working on a panel for the MKS-70, I had issues when mixing upper and lower cases, so i decided to use lowercases only and it’s now working. Unfortunately the synth doesn’t update the Tone parameter values i’m sending it. It’s as if they need a validation of some sort.

http://opuswerk.tumblr.com
        www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
        www.facebook.com/opuswerk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 63 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr