SE Omega 8 CC#

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros SE Omega 8 CC#

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dnbpsy
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 5
      • Total: 6

Hi everybody!

I wonder if its hard to learn programming in “ctrlr”. I’ve opened the program and could not find any visual creation tools. Is the editor “text only”? Actually, I want to use my SE omega 8 via DAW. I have the CC list and it seems like there is not much information needed to program it (at least this looks from my noob position:). For those who want to help me or want to make it by himselve there are CC’s in a docx document.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      dnbpsy
      Participant

I tried to dig deeper into ctrlr and found the visual editor tool. I have no expirience in programming at all and tried to use the standard “components” of the editor. I created some button in midi controller number 55, that is the osc 1 tri wave trigger on the omega 8 according to the Omega CC list, but it dosen’t seem to work:(

If someone helps me I’ll do my best to make a panel of best quality and I promise to share it with the community! I just need some advice to start working.

Here is the test pannel I started to build.

Attachments:
        atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

Use the nightly build not the Stable build and try again.

dnbpsy
          Participant

Thats great! Now it works and i can make it done.But now i have this problem: scince the ctrlr panel uses the midi output channel by its own, how can i send midi notes from a ableton 8 midi channel? The main purpose to me of making the panel is to automate multiple omega functions and at the same time to send midi notes from the daw. The automatation of the omega makes no scense if it’s not possible to automate the notes from Ableton… In the nightly version there are lots of midi routing configs that i just can’t understand by myselve – maybe there is a solution?

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

There is more then one from what i’ve read on the forums. You can set MIDI THRU in Ctrlr and pass all notes from Ableton on the MIDI OUTPUT hardware port, that’s one of the options. But there are others, search the forums for ableton/live stuff i think this was already discussed.

dnbpsy
              Participant

It’s done! Everything is working fine. And it’s also possible to use automatation in ableton live. I found out that the vst index on a specific modulator must be set to a value less than 100, then it’s recognized in the DAW. I’ve sent a request of the sysex of the inner functions of the Omega 8 to Studio Electronics. If i can get them I will extend the current version.

From Russia with love 🙂

Attachments:
                dnbpsy
                Participant

I have some preset banks for the synth in a sysex/midi file. Is it possible to integrate it into the panel to make it possible to switch between the presets? And I would also like to know if there is a way to save a specific set of parameters in a preset bank?

update:

the program section is not working

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

Program management capabilities are not working in Ctrlr and are part of the Capabilities bundle that i’m working on, it’s a very c omplicated feature and might take some time to make it work.

Some people did program/library capabilities themselves in LUA there is nothing stopping you from doing that.

alfredsolax
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 0
                      • Replies: 1
                      • Total: 1

Hi dnbpsy!! Thx for the panel!! As for the CC list, see the attached file!

Let me know! Greetings!

Federico

Attachments:

www.federicosolazzo.com - synth geek | producer | arranger | composer | sound designer | nord keyboards endorser

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                    There is currently 0 users and 74 guests online
                    No users are currently active
                    Forum Statistics
                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                    Ctrlr