Snapshots, Progress Bars: displays an extra bar with each transmission?

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Snapshots, Progress Bars: displays an extra bar with each transmission?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jasefos
    Participant
      • Topics: 13
      • Replies: 76
      • Total: 89

Heya CTRLR heads,

Just wondering if this is just me and something localised to my system or something others are experiencing (currently settled on CTRLR 5.3.85 on OSX – VST within Live 9.2).

I have enabled the feature in the panel I have currently in development (Ensoniq ESQ1) to show progress bars while Snapshots are sent.

With each successive Snapshot I transmit to the synth, an extra progress bar appears stacked beneath the one before it. I can’t see any other Panel properties which would influence this behaviour so I’m wondering if this is a bug or not with CTRLR.

Best Wishes,

Here’s a snapshot … (attached)

• This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by jasefos.

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
      --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
      --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
      --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Yup my bad, fixed now

jasefos
        Participant

Howdy Atom … nice to know – which build is this fixed on?

Reluctant to move up to newer builds since doing so breaks my ability to open DAW projects created using older CTRLR builds (VST version on OSX within Live). In my VST plugins folder I currently manually manage rolling between different builds by ZIPping builds I want to hide from my DAW, allowing only one version to be visible.

Long term, I’d love to know what can be done to make it easier to stay up to date.
          ; )

--> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

Well i can’t say, each panel depend on some build of ctrlr because people later don’t update to later ctrlr versions, so my best guess would be to export each panel as an instance in the revision it works in, and keep it that way.

This is not fixed in any build, i fixed this in the source code, the next build that comes up will contain this and some other fixes.

jasefos
            Participant

Great news … I had issues early on CTRLR where if I had multiple instances (.VST) exported in my VST plugins folder (named differently for different synths) that they’d all call on the first version the DAW would scan for … Is this now fixed? Yippee if so (and I’ll go back to using exported instances).

I absolutely appreciate all of the hard work you do on CTRLR Atom. Please don’t ever think I’m critical of the project – just trying to make music while making tools to better integrate my synths (and hopefully giving back to the community for Panels not yet done)!
              ; )

atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

I don’t understand why multiple instances won’t work. What do you mean they’d call on the first version the DAW scan for.

And are those VST plugins or AU plugins exported ? I know there is a problem with AU exports but i think VST exported fine. Can you give me some more details on that ? What DAW what OS version etc.

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

I don’t understand why multiple instances won’t work. What do you mean they’d call on the first version the DAW scan for.

And are those VST plugins or AU plugins exported ? I know there is a problem with AU exports but i think VST exported fine. Can you give me some more details on that ? What DAW what OS version etc.

jasefos
                  Participant

I ended up avoiding Instance Exports long ago after getting caught up in a web of projects (in Live) around when CTRLR transitioned to Juice3 (I’m guessing that was a huge change and loads of work) which wouldn’t recall CTRLR plug-in properly and was breaking workflow … this was perhaps about a year or so ago? I can’t remember. But if it has been addressed in more recent builds I will take great pleasure in making .VSTs of my panels for my Synths by name (and recalling them using Instrument Racks in my Ableton library to preserve port/channel settings and bring audio back into the track with External Audio Effect).

Apologies if I have nothing solid for you to work with there but will revisit multiple Instances again soonish.

I’m focused on the Ensoniq ESQ1 Panel at the moment (new synth in the studio – and loving making sounds with it in CTRLR) but having some bizarre issues perhaps best left for a different thread.
                    😉

Cheers and sorry for the lengthy posts,

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by jasefos.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 87 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr