some issues/bugs/features?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr some issues/bugs/features?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    playagiron
    Participant
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 12
      • Total: 15

Hi,

I really dug into this great program working on a panel for my keyboard and so far I got great results.
      However, there seem to be some bugs/glitches or missing features (not sure in which categories they fall, since I could not find a documentation that lists the features), so I just put them in a list, maybe someone can clarify what they actually are?

-Copy & Paste between different Panels does not work
      -In the latest version, I cannot change the canvas size by drag and drop (was possible in ~617) [b:21ggnaop]FIXED[/b:21ggnaop]
      -FixedImageSliders always show the CC values (0-127) even if I put custom values in the Slider Content Field. Works with FixedSliders.
      -As requested somewhere, a button to toggle a whole section would be nice (either by linking to several elements, a group, or just an defined area e.g., where the alpha value for all elements is set to zero if the button is toggled)
      -Is there a simple way for conditions/links, e.g., showing a combo only if a switch is activated or so without programming? There is the link property but I could not find a documentation/thread of how to use it.
      -There is this kind of invisible grid that allows minimal movements of elements. Is there a way to reduce it (I have the SNAP disabled), it is smaller. Like in Photoshop, e.g., you could limit it to single pixeld by shift or so??!
      – Is there a way to have the very useful MIDI Monitor in Decimal values or switch between both options?

Overall, it is a great program and I sure hope it will become the No. 1 MIDI Patch Editor/Librarian, maybe even one day with an iPad version to raise some funds for the dev’s. Those were just the little problems I came across over the last days trying to program my surface.

Cheers
      playagiron

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Depending on the buikd you have now some of that is fixed some not. I’ll take all that stuff into considerations and will try to fix or explain (a bit later) how to achieve some of that stuff. One big issue is a lack of documentation witch i had to write but never got a chance.

playagiron
        Participant

Hi atom, thanks!
          In fact, I use the latest version (816) just FYI.

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

– the FixedImageSlider problem, can you be precise ? it works fine for me
            – the two next points are asily done with LUA scripting and it’s really a bad idea for me to start adding individual mechanics for component relationship, this sort of line of requests will never end cause everyone will have their own idea on how it should work (fade, slide, groups, layers, grids, groups, balls in a hairy scrotum). So dig into LUA and you will be able to do all this. Short answer is YES it’s all possible
            – that grid size is controlled by the SNAP size property for a panel
            – no but it’s a fair request i’ll add that in the next release.

playagiron
            Participant

Hi atom thank you!

-grid size: I get it. The SNAP value controls the steps when dragging an element with the mouse. What I was referring to is when you use the arrow buttons. then it seems its always =1. ON my panel which is based on a photo, I sometimes cannot get it "in between", but its no big issue, so its OK!
              -I agree should learn some LUA for the conditional things. I agree with your points!

-Fixed Slider: I still have the problem. So if I add a Fixed Image slider, the value is standard 0-127.
              Now if I put in the slider content box for instance:
              0=0
              2=1
              4=2
              10=3
              12=4

then instead of showing the values of the first column (0, 2, 4, 10, 12 as assigned to the MIDI cc values) it still shows the MIDI CC values (0-4) instead of the values I assigned. It works PERFECT with normal fixed sliders but not with Image Fixed Sliders. And idea?

atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

i uploaded a new build today (windows for now) that has the midi mon updated and some other small stuff fixed, you can check that out, i’m looking into the slider issue right now.

playagiron
                Participant

Hey atmo, excellent work! The Hex button is nice!

I just found this Feature request: 3409827
                  which basically states the same: having a button deactivating some elements. This is IMHO very common on Synths (switching on a filter, EG, Osc,…) so maybe this particular simple function could be integrated without LUA?

P.S: I like the phpbb forums. But may I suggest to increase the "common word threshold" at ACP=>Search Settings?
                  I often get no search results when searching for common words (e.g., I wanted to get info on how to use the MultiMessage Field, …)

playagiron
                  Participant

Ive read more thru these nice forums and learned a lot! Keeps getting better!

One thing though: I found that having a button activating or deactivating some elements should be much easier implemented than do it all in LUA.
                    Adding a single line in the element properties where one can put the name of another modulator so that whenever this modulator is set to 0, the element gets deactivated and no image is shown. Or would this be more complicated?

atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

This is much more complicated i’m afraid, for now i’d recommend using layers, i’ll post an example on how to simply manage layers with LUA (show/hide).

dasfaker
                      Keymaster
                        • Topics: 80
                        • Replies: 793
                        • Total: 873
                        • ★★★

[quote:t2yl4rre]I just found this Feature request: 3409827
                        which basically states the same: having a button deactivating some elements. This is IMHO very common on Synths (switching on a filter, EG, Osc,…) so maybe this particular simple function could be integrated without LUA?[/quote:t2yl4rre]

This was posted by me, but may be I wasn’t too clear. What I suggested was to have an option for modulators to be active or inactive, in the same way they can be visible/invisible, not to activate other modulators as this can be easily done in LUA.

On a side note, there is something strange with uiXYSurfaces and uiCombos.

· I have an uiXYSurface and two uiCombos associated with the uiXYSurface that are displaying the modulator name list . When I move the dot in the uiXYSurface, instead of modulating the element I choose in the uiCombos it modulates the list of elements of the uiCombos.

· If I set to transparent the dot of the uiXYSurface, it still displays two circles, one red and another yellow.

· The problem with uiCombos when you enter edit mode. They are deactivated and display "no selection", and when you leave edit mode they don’t get the value they had before. I have many instances where the value/visibility of a modulator/tab is dependent to the value displayed in a uiCombo, so I get a lot of LUA error messages until I restore the value of all uiCombos.

atom
                        Keymaster
                          • ★★★★★

– will have to look at that
                          – probably something i missed in the paint() method
                          – that was done on purpose but now i see that it might be a bad approach i’ll try to fix that.

playagiron
                          Participant
                            "atom":brltncyc wrote:
                            This is much more complicated i’m afraid, for now i’d recommend using layers, i’ll post an example on how to simply manage layers with LUA (show/hide).[/quote:brltncyc]
                            That would be awesome!!

Any news of whether the imageslider value issue is solvable?
                            Cheers!

atom
                            Keymaster
                              • ★★★★★

Actually i fixed that already it will just take me some time to do the next release cause i’m changing quite a lot and i cannot release a build right now (too much stuff is not working and i need to make it work), so all i can say is be patient.

playagiron
                              Participant

Excellent work, looking forward!
                                A small thing I just found regarding the value position: There is no way to have the value displayed right "over" an element in the center as to avoid using too much space on large panels? Then editing the value would be difficult since sliding and editing would coincide but maybe one could deactivate editing values then?

atom
                                Keymaster
                                  • ★★★★★

there is only 1 thing at the moment i can think of adding, there is a special popup bubble that appears over a slider that shows it’s current value, i can add that easily to all the sliders.

darlock
                                  Participant
                                    • Replies: 13
                                    • Total: 16

yes. Very good idea, but make this feature custom enabledisable via special property

playagiron
                                    Participant

Good idea indeed!!

One more thing I found and could not get it to work: When I copy and paste an element, e.g., ComboUIBox, it gets now correctly pasted. HOWEVER, the new element does NOT display the values received by CCs, it only sends the values and displays the values when set in the Editor. I tried several dozens time but it never works.
                                      I changed the CC number and it sends correctly but does not "respond" to incoming MIDI messages. This is only not working when copying+paste. WHen I create a new element that looks EXACTLY the same, it works. Any idea what might cause this or anyone can confirm that this is a bug?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                    There is currently 0 users and 88 guests online
                                    No users are currently active
                                    Forum Statistics
                                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                    Ctrlr