Something strange but helpful : )

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Something strange but helpful : )

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Question
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • Total: 1

Hello everyone,

I had multi-touch capable notebook recently, and to my surprise, I noticed that many software reacts to touch events in many different ways. Most of them requires a touchup event to register a single mouse click, ie., you need to touch first then remove your finger to have mousedown event. And even less number of the audio related software have multitouch capabilities. Well, except the one from a French genious : )
      I was at least hoping to find a simple multitouch virtual MIDI keyboard (that interprets touch events properly). Tried many software to no avail. Then I happily came across CTRLR. It has a MIDI keyboard module. Great, I thought… But again, keyboard module was requiring removing your finger (a touch-up event) to send a midi note.
      Then I discovered something rather odd : )
      If I keep one finger somewhere on the module continuously, it starts to interpret other consecutive touches in proper way, ie., no need to remove those fingers to get a ‘note on’ and just initiating a touch (a touchdown event) was enough. So, instead of 10 fingers, (sparing one for a continuous touch to trick the keyboard module) I could use other 9 for NOTE ONs. Well, for now this is more than enough I guess : ).

Having said that, I don’t know if it depends on the underlying platform of CTRLR but, I think, in the future, it would be nice to see a natively multi-touch capable midi keyboard module in CTRLR.

Kind regards
      Q

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
    There is currently 0 users and 71 guests online
    No users are currently active
    Forum Statistics
    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
    Ctrlr