Store SysEx banks.

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Store SysEx banks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    King PP
    Participant
      • Topics: 12
      • Replies: 25
      • Total: 37

Hi, I’ve just got into Ctrlr & I’m loving it!!!! (Using it with DX21, Six Trak, Waldorf Microwave, Juno 106 & Matrix 1000 via the new beta panel)

I’m using a version of the Yamaha TX81Z panel I’ve altered to work with the Yamaha DX21, I was wondering if there is a way (with any panel) to load SysEx banks into the Ctrlr program manager from SysEx files on my computer that can be sent to the DX21 (or any other synth) via MIDI.

A way to retrieve banks from the DX21 via MIDI & save them in the program manager could work too, sorry if I’ve missed a post with the info already….

All the best & thanks in advance…..

Pat.

Hecticcc
      Participant
        • Topics: 25
        • Replies: 160
        • Total: 185
        • ★★

I don’t know how far Atom is with the program manager but this is what it will be able to do afaik. You can also “roll your own” using Lua, but this is a quite large task, especially if you did not design the panel yourself and/or have no scripting/programming experience.

But absolutely possible if you don’t mind putting some time and effort into it.

King PP
        Participant

Thanks for the info Hecticcc, it’s greatly appreciated.

I would love to have a go but i don’t think my programming skill would be up to it, I only have limited SysEx knowledge, really looking forward to Atom’s program manager. Will it be part of the Ctrlr app / plugin or panel specific?

Thanks, best…. Pat.

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

There will be 2 modes of the program manager. One will be Lua based so you will need to write some code (not a lot, however some).

The other mode will not require any code, but i doubt it will work with all devices, i assume only some will work some won’t depending on the complexity of the program/bank/sysex format of the device.

King PP
            Participant

Sounds great Atom, can’t wait for it to be implemented.

Thanks for the work!

Pat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 67 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr