Three questions / issues with developing a panel.

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Three questions / issues with developing a panel.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rockum
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 3

Some of the flavors of builds of my panel are missing the menu titles. How do I get them to show in all builds?

It seems as though some host or builds truncate the display area. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

When my panel opens I would like to grab the current state from the device (Tascam DM-4800). When used as a plugin, the DAW allows perfect automation recording of the mixer, but I don’t see movements on the device visually displayed on the device until playback. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

Lots of questions…

1.) menu titles: you can change the colour of the menu titles. Maybe you set a transparent colour or a colour that lacks contrast to the background? If the whole menu bar isn’t there: you can enable/disable the menu bar with the checkbox “Is menu bar visible for this panel”.

2.) truncated display: when you export a panel (whatever – Export XML, Export Binary…) you have to add 24 pixels to the height, it’s a common bug of Ctrlr. Does that fix your issue?

3.) grab current state: I don’t know the DM4800 but I guess it is possible by coding a Lua script. You would need some knowledeg about Sysex of the DM4800 and about Lua programming language.

4.)DAW automation: I probably don’t understand your question. Why would you wan’t to see movements when it does not playback?

rockum
        Participant

Thanks! Very helpful.

Let me try to better explain. The panel is for a mixer. The host’s MIDI ports are not used. The user must select the MIDI inputs and outputs that correspond with the mixer from within the panel.

When the fader in CTRLR’s window is moved, the hardware mixer responds and the physical fader moves. However when a physical fader is moved, the onscreen faders do not respond. Thankfully, when the host DAW’s automation record is armed, it (through CTRLR) captures the physical faders movements. When DAW automation is played back, it recreates the movements on the physical mixer. However, even in playback, the CTRLR panel does not display the movements.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by rockum.
          Possemo
          Participant
            • Topics: 14
            • Replies: 638
            • Total: 652
            • ★★★

I see. Does the panel use simple CC’s (MIDI Control Changes)? Probably – because there is a bug in Ctrlr which prevents the faders to react to incoming CC’s. You would have to program that yourself with Lua scripts. Or, some devices allow both CC’s and sysex for controlling. With sysex-messages faders should react correctly.

rockum
            Participant

Thanks, yeah all CC signals. I have done a little work in Lua, but doubt I could get very far with that.

I do notice that the application version seems to work, though there is a bit of lagging. Any idea if the MIDI : Plugin options might be tweaked to get the same bi-way performance as the app?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 78 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr