uiWaveform – conversion of loaded file to transmittable data

Home Forums General Programming uiWaveform – conversion of loaded file to transmittable data

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

I’m curious if the uiWaveform component might be capable of translating a sample’s waveform to 128 8-bit samples? I’d love to be able to use this component to load wave files and transmit them as 8 bit samples to the synth’s wavetable some day if it’s possible w/ ctrlr. It would be ideal if this could be two-way.. so you could send to the uiWaveform component the same – 128 8-bit samples from the synth. This is how the waldorf microwave (and other) transmits its waveform data.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Well that was the whole idea behind uiWaveform to load any waveform (aiff, wav, ogg, mp3) and transmit it as MIDI data, and the other way around.

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★

great to hear. I can get part-way there from here by using a ui envelope… but I’d have to add 128 points, set all of the point alphas to 00, set each point to a 1u range on the X, then link each of the 128 points to a modulator that sends/receive the bits… craaaaaapton of work ;p

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

no the uiEnvelope is not at all good for that. More then 20 point in uiEnvelope will be a pain to maintain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 55 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr