Unable to Install/Run Ctrlr AU plugin

Home Forums Platform Specific OSX Unable to Install/Run Ctrlr AU plugin

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    submachinez
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

Hi there,

I’m trying to install ctrlr on my 2012 macbook pro w retina display running mountain lion and logic pro 9.18. I have tried two different builds, the ‘stable’ 1386 from the downloads page and Ctrlr_1265.dmg from the nightly builds section.

Since there are no installation instructions, I naturally assumed that it would be as simple as copying the .component file into my components folder which also contains every other .component file for all my AUs, and also copying the ctrlr file to my applications folder.

If I’m missing something here, maybe I should be copying other files/folders from the .dmg to other parts of my hard disk? Where do they go???

Logic does not scan the AU and rescanning the AUs from the AU manager in Logic does not load the plugin.

Perhaps ctrlr is not compatible with OSX mountain lion?

I’ve spent the last 3 hours tearing my hair out. What have I missed? Can anyone provide suggestions or help???

Thanks in advance!

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Well i can’t help, i tested the AU build a long time ago and it was on the Snow Leopard, i just got the build to complete on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (it took me two days), if i find some time this week i’ll try to run the AU build. Can you test the Standalone/VST versions too, see if they work at all ?

submachinez
        Participant
          • Replies: 1
          • Total: 2

The standalone seems to work! I don’t have another DAW, so I can’t check the VST functionality.

Thanks Atom.

TK.
          Participant
            • Topics: 6
            • Replies: 42
            • Total: 48

Could you please check if the AU plugin in Ctrlr_1209.dmg is working?

It can be downloaded from http://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/nightly-standalone/

Best Regards, Thorsten.

atomix1040
            Participant
              • Replies: 4
              • Total: 5

I can only say that it works for me BUT not in Logic, but the AU loads

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              quadraspleen
              Participant
                • Topics: 6
                • Replies: 33
                • Total: 39

when you look in your AU manager, click on the leftmost column (got Logic written on it) at the top and it will arrange the AU’s in the order of the ones that aren’t working at the top. Is there a Ctrlr-Au in the list?

If so, click its little box twice and it will try to validate

if it isn’t in the list, I’m not sure. I do know ML only runs Logic 9.1.8 in 64-bit mode only, so no 32bit AU’s will be scanned and won’t show up. There is no 32bit plugin bridge anymore in ML, which is why I won’t change (one of many reasons)

Hope this helps

Hecticcc
                Participant
                  • Topics: 25
                  • Replies: 160
                  • Total: 185
                  • ★★

Did anyone have an issue with the menu-bar items not being clickable?
                  A user of my emu-panel can only access the software-rendering option, all the rest is greyed out…

I noticed this sometimes happens in the win-builds when using as vst but clicking in the plugin and re-clicking the menubar fixes this, but not in Mac version apparently.

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

This is a window-focus issue, the window is not catching focus (or the host application is not giving it). And the menu bar is asosiated with the application so it reacts to it’s focus, i didn’t made this up this is how JUCE handles menus.

Hecticcc
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 25
                      • Replies: 160
                      • Total: 185
                      • ★★
                      atom
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★★★

I’ll be doing some more mac tests soon i hope, i ordered a different graphics card and hopefully i’ll be able to run OSX on my hardware.

djtempo7
                        Participant
                          • Topics: 0
                          • Replies: 3
                          • Total: 3

Will this run under Mac OS 10.5.8?

Everything I’m reading looks like people are running 10.7 or 10.8.

Chip Tredo

atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

The program is built with 10.6 compatibility setting, i had problems when setting it to 10.5 compatibility, you can try i think 10.5 and 10.6 are similar, more problems occur at 10.7 10.8 versions.

thank apple for that.

atom
                            Keymaster
                              • ★★★★★

Also the question is, are you on PPC 10.5 or is it Intel 10.5 ?

djtempo7
                              Participant
                                • Replies: 3
                                • Total: 3

Oh, hadn’t even considered that as I went Intel a long time ago.

mecano
                                Participant
                                  • Replies: 11
                                  • Total: 11

for the greyed out menu items I found out that visiting a sub menu like ‘Export’ unlocks all.

msepsis
                                  Participant
                                    • Topics: 219
                                    • Replies: 732
                                    • Total: 951
                                    • ★★★

I saw this thread pop up again – last I understood, despite the fact that there’s an AU included with the nightlies there flat out *is no working ctrlr as an au* due to all the shit apple did behind the scenes. I would love to know, atom – is there progress being made getting ctrlr (and exported instances) working as an audio unit?

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
                                    Keymaster
                                      • ★★★★★

I do AU builds BUT i don’t know how will they work on different OSX versions. This is the problem, i do builds on 10.8.5 right now (the new nightly will be done on that), from what i’ve seen on JUCE forums this might cause issues on any lower OSX version. I’d need some information on what build settings to use to get compatibility downwards, or maybe a definite answer on what OSX version to use and what XCode/SDK versions to use.

This is very problematic because it changes often (XCode5 is out now and i have to start using that). I would like to stay at some XCode version but if I do that i won’t be able to keep up to date with JUCE. It’s a mess really.

what i’ll try to do in the latest nightly is to build on 10.8 and see if it will load on 10.7 I have on the gifted Macbook pro (the 10.8 i have is inside VMware)

msepsis
                                      Participant
                                        • Topics: 219
                                        • Replies: 732
                                        • Total: 951
                                        • ★★★

Sounds good. does sound like a mess. On that note I’m anxious for the latest nightly for OS X 🙂

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

mecano
                                        Participant
                                          • Replies: 11
                                          • Total: 11

in Logic 10.0.5 under OSX 10.9.1, AU loads pannel fine, I didn’t test automation yet.
                                          To come over the grey-out menus bug, I now have to switch to another application and type something (I use the Terminal as it is always open here) then switch back to Logic and menu items such as loading etc. are available, it doesn’t always work the first time though.
                                          So it has to be with window/keyboard focus.

atom
                                          Keymaster
                                            • ★★★★★

Yeah the menu beeing inactive issue is a problem with the Focus model in JUCE, so far the best solution i found is to left click on the resizer corner (lower-right) and that should grab the focus for Ctrlr.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
                                          • The forum ‘OSX’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 65 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr