Virus TI Snow Panel

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Virus TI Snow Panel

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    dasfaker
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 80
      • Replies: 793
      • Total: 873
      • ★★★

Are you using Ctrlr inside Ableton or an exported instance of the panel?

If you are using Ctrlr inside Ableton, this is a remainder about Ctrlr.overrides file.

Remember to place the file Ctrlr.overrides in the same folder where is installed the plugin Ctrlr.dll, rename it to the same name of the plugin and extension overrides (in my case is “Ctrlr-VST-x64.overrides”), and set the changes listed below, otherwise you could only see 64 parameters (and none of them are related to the synth engine).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ctrlrOverrides 	ctrlrMaxExportedVstParameters="5000" 
      			ctrlrShutdownDelay="256" 
      			ctrlrUseEditorWrapper="1" 
      			ctrlrLuaDisabled="0"
      			ctrlrLogToFile="0"
      			/>

Julofoideveau
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 5
        • Total: 5

Thanks for the reply, I am using Ctrlr inside Live, and I do have placed both Ctrl.overrides in AU and VST folders.
        As a matter of fact I am experiencing the same problem when using the standalone version ..
        I double checked and the snow has the same device id as the panel does, so I really do not understand why it is not syncing properly

dasfaker
        Keymaster
          • ★★★

It could be a problem with .overrides file. Make sure that when you edit this file, no strange character is added at the beginning (a user had this problem in the past on Mac, the txt editor he used changed a bit the content of the file. Try with Notepad++).

Ctrlr standalone needs the same .overrides file, but this time in the same folder as Ctrlr standalone.

Julofoideveau
          Participant
            • Topics: 0
            • Replies: 5
            • Total: 5

The communication problem seems to have solve itself by updating the snow to 5.1.1.0 version.
            By using the textWrangler app to edit Ctrlr.overrides, I was then able to automate parameters within live.

Everything seems to work, thank you so much for your help ! Finally, automations with no latency, or crashs, how nice ..

dasfaker
            Keymaster
              • ★★★

Glad to hear this.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
            • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 81 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr