yamaha fb01 panel

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros yamaha fb01 panel

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lilakmonoke
    Participant
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 23
      • Total: 28

hi all … im about to get into an yamaha fb01 panel. its the perfect hardware fm synth i think. only 4 op but 8 part multitimbral so you can stack voices for some very fat sounds … and it has a crunchy early yamaha chip sound.

it also can do microtuning if you write your own sysex encased note routine 😉

ive figured out the parameter sysex stuff, its not overly complex if you know how to roll up to 4 values from different sliders into one sysex message. ive never done that in ctrlr so i looked at the lua stuff in the tg33 panel but understand only about 20% of it.

can somebody point me to a simple example of how this is done?

– declare the parameters as global variables with a lua procedure?
      – combine them with another lua procedure?
      – that cant be rolled into the sysex formula?

thanks!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by lilakmonoke.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by lilakmonoke.
      Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

There are demo panels from atom in the folder where Ctrlr is installed, or here:
        http://svn.code.sf.net/p/ctrlrv4/code/nightly/Panels/

look at the Matrix-1000 panel. Each of the 10 “user modulations” are made up of 3 parameters sent together in a sysex string. It shows you the use of global parameters quite well. I used it as a starting point for my own Matrix-1000 panel.

Dusko
        Participant
          • Topics: 0
          • Replies: 2
          • Total: 2

Hello All,

I’m new here, just got a FB-01 on ebay and I really like it. I’m creating(editing) some sounds on it with a program I found online named FB01 Sound Editor V2.2. (From Meslin Frederic). I managed to store a couple of modified sounds on it, but it doen’t edit everything. Has someone figured out a panel for the FB-01?

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 39 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr