As a proud owner of a Brother printer, you get the ability of printing documents wirelessly from your computer or mobile. Whether you are in the office or at home, you can print effortlessly without any USB.
All you require to do is to configure Brother Printer with WiFi network correctly.
If you don’t know how to connect your brother printer to WiFi network then don’t worry, we will you out with this.
Follow these simple steps to Connect Brother Printer to WiFi Network
Pre-requisites before setting up your Printer device:
Before you start setting up your brother printer machine, you have to obtain the wireless network settings of your device (Access Point Router).
- Check and make a record of the existing wireless network settings as mentioned below.
- Network Name (SSID: Service Set ID, ESSID: Extended Service Set ID)
- Network Key (Password, Security Key or Encryption Key, etc.)
- Make a note that your Brother Printer supports the use of the first WEP KEY only. If you are using a router, with several WEP KEYs, then consider entering the key used for the first WEP KEY.
How can you locate the Network Name (SSID, ESSID) and Network Key?
In order to find the Network name and key, you can check either the base or side of your WLAN access point. If still not able to find the same, see the documentation provided with the router/access point or you can call our experts for instant help.
You will need this information to configure the printer’s wireless settings through the device’s control panel.
Steps to follow for setting Up Brother Printer on a Wireless Network
In order to connect Brother Printer to WiFi router without USB follow the below step by step guide.
- Go to “Network” settings under the “Main” menu on the printer’s display.
- Open the wireless network wizard.
- Your brother printer will now start exploring the available network in the range.
- After a little while, you will see a list of networks; displayed on your machine’s display.
- You must know the SSID of your installed WiFi network. Select the network name and click “OK.”
- You may be asked to provide the network key or password to get connected to it.
- Enter the correct password in the respective field. Ensure you type in the correct password value.
- After another few seconds, you will get to know the status of the connection on the printer’s display.
- If your printer got connected to the wi-fi network, you would see the “Success” message on the same.
- In case your printer encounters any problem; it will display an error message on the screen. You can call us to fix it now.
- Resolving the error is the only option to proceed further. You can contact the experts to explain the error you got while connecting the Brother printer with the WiFi network.
- Once you are done with the problem fixing and set up your printer to the network; you need to install the printer drivers.
- In case you have drivers for your printer. You can get in touch with our experts.
- Following any of these methods when you are done with installing the printer drivers; you are all set to give print command now.
- Restart your system along with the printer before you rush for giving print commands.
What Will you do , when the printer refuses to work or print
In our daily lives, we need to print several things. The Brother printer is one of the essential gadgets of our routine. Printing from PC is a prevalent process in an office setting.
But sometimes, when the printer refuses to work or print, it creates a problem. A flow of delays and other issues are expected to arise when the brother printing machine stops working.
Difficulty in the Brother Printing machine can occur due to various reasons. According to experts, most of the time, the brother printer won’t print because the connection between the printer and the device is not well established. This issue can arise because of some improper settings or wrong configuration of the brother printer device.
If Brother Printer is not Printing Then Follow these steps to make it work on MAC or PC
Brother Printer Port Setting
- Make sure that your brother printer is switched on. When the printer is well charged and in running mode, you will see the LED lights are on.
A stable LED light on the power button can ensure that the brother printer machine is on. But if the lights are flickering, it can give you signs of errors.
There are options, such as toner or paper. Observe where the lights are indicating, there you get the root of the problem.
- Ensure the connection between your Brother Printer and your PC. You must check that the link should be safe. You can choose to reconnect if required.
Check in the PC’s setting that the brother printer is connected.
You should choose Brother Printer in the option of all devices available. It would be better if you set it to the default printer.
Check the access point, at the side of the printer and PC. You may need to reconnect the cable at both ends.
- Try Downloading Network Repair Utility: You can make a temporary folder and save the file of Network Repair Utility for your Brother Printer.
Open this file to extract it after the download is complete. You will observe a folder named ‘net tool.’ There you will see an option of “BrotherNetTool.exe”.
Double click it and then proceed to follow the instructions. Make sure that you disconnect one of the printers, in case there are several brother printers attached to your device.
- Know about the communication between your Brother printer and the device. You can find out the machine and PC’s IP Address.
- See the printing queue status of your device and the Brother Printer. It is better to have a printer device ready and a printing list empty. You will see this on the list.
- You can try doing a Print Test. If you have made any settings in the previous steps, then you must go for a printing test to see if your Brother Printer is working.
The issue is resolved if you get a successfully printed page. But if you get a problem with printing, then you need to follow further steps.
- Check the driver port settings. In the Printers, folder click right on the Brother driver and left click on properties, in the Printers folder.
You will observe the Brother printer driver properties screen. You should then click on the Ports tab.
There you will get a list of all the communication ports that are available on your device. There you have to click on ‘add port’.
Choose Standard TCP/IP Port. Further click on the new port. Then you will have to mention the IP address of your Brother machine.
Try Port Settings – If Brother Printer Won’t Print Error is Still There
Let’s see how to make brother printer print with some port settings
advanced Port setting
- Sometimes, you may receive an error with the port, telling you that the name already exists. In that situation, click ok. In the field of the PORT NAME field, slightly change the auto-filled name of the port.
- You may receive a window asking you about the Additional Port Information. In that case, we come to conclude that the computer and The Brother machine is not coordinating well.
- Firewalls, security reasons, the intervention of some other device, or an IP address conflict may be the root of the problem. You can try troubleshooting or eliminating as many reasons as you can on your own.
- Additionally, a window stating completion may be received. If your communication is successful, click finish. Your problem will be resolved. Try taking a print driver for your brother’s printer machine.
If the page does not get printed well, then your brother printer not printing. Then you can consider reinstalling the device.
Try to print a paper with your brother’s printer.
If your brother printer won’t print this time, you can contact your computer manufacturer.