Read about some of the signs that show the best quality construction of your house.
- Quality windows – look for condensation among double glasses as this is an indication of cracked seals. Make certain that the windows are still aesthetically pleasing. Make sure that they are a quality brand, buy construction supplies here. Windows create a huge variation in the appearance of a house both inside and out. They can also have a big impact on your heating/cooling bill.
- Properly installed roof – look to make sure the flashing was done correctly. You may want to consult with an expert on this. Look for discoloration or unevenness in the roof. Look at the type of shingle used too.
- If the home has wood trim around windows and the roof then watch really thoroughly to detect if it is decaying or not. Several times water goes in and the trim gets soft. It will require to be replaced and the root cause will need to be fixed.
- Garden boundaries- adding something similar to a series of decorative bricks around landscaping sets them off nicely and prevents the lawn from overgrowing the garden. Get all the required supplies from the construction supply online shop.
- Some great guidance on interior quality has already been delivered. You can also look for attention to detail in the features of the finish carpentry. Something like crown casting, chair posts, wainscoting, tray ceilings, etc. are things to look for. This will depend on the style of the house.