HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 is known as all-in-one printer. Excellent print quality and the speed of the documents printed attract most of the customers. Set up the printer and start printing your documents. You will definitely get excellent print results.
Steps to Perform the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Setup
- Gather all the essential requirements to commence with wireless setup of 123 hp com setup 6978. This include the wireless network credentials, computer for the software installation, internet access such as Broadband or DSL
- Once you have all the essential requirements, power on the printer and check if the device is in on state
- Also, use a router that has good speed. Turn on the router and place the printer close to it.
- Start connecting the printer to the wireless Network, check if you have a USB cable connected.
- To connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer to the wireless network, navigate to the control panel and search for the wireless icon. Find the icon and click on it
- Now search for the setup Icon and click on the wireless settings to view the wireless set up wizard
- Wait for some time and the list of the available networks will be visible on the screen
- Choose the correct Name of the network from the list and you will be prompted to provide the wireless Network credentials
- Sometimes the network name will be visible during the setup. If the name of the network is not visible, try entering the new network name and carry on with the onscreen instructions that are visible on the screen
- Proceed with the steps; you will be prompted to download the compatible software for your Printer. You can either download the software from the compatible HP website or use the Installation CD for the Process
Alternate Method to Connect the Printer to the Network
Check if your Printer has Auto wireless connect feature to connect the Printer automatically to the Network. If you have download the software that is required to use the Auto wireless connect feature.
To download the compatible software for HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer, visit the respective webpage 123.hp.com/setup and read the instructions provided. You will be prompted to provide the name of the printer and the version of the operating system.
Guidelines to Resolve the Setup Errors
- If you come across any setup errors, check the process once again. Do not miss any of the wireless network setup steps
- Restart your printer once and check if the errors still persist
- Check if your device uses the latest and the updated version of the software. If not try updating the software with the latest version
HP Printer Not Printing Black or Printing Blank Pages: Fix It
HP Printers are always been recommended to everyone for personal or professional documentation work as it provides great quality printing solutions and also available in the budget only. Despite being the fact that, customers avail top-notch services proffered by them regarding free shipments and returns, some technical glitches could also occur while printing, faxing, or scanning the document. Therefore, if you are using an HP Printer in your home or office premises, there are chances your printer stops serving good-quality printouts, or might HP Printer Not Printing Black. Such a problematic issue has usually been caused by low/empty black ink present in the printer container. Other different reasons could also responsible for the printer, not the printing problem. In the blog post, we discuss it in detail so that you can easily solve it and resume your printing job with no hassle.
The Most Possible Factors For The Appearance Of HP Printer Not Printing Black Issue
Check out the list noted underneath to know about the actual reasons due to which the HP Printer Not Printing problem occurs all of sudden:
- Blockage in the Print Head Vent
- Black ink might go out of stock
- Driver installed on Windows against your printer may out-of-date
- Having internal issues in the Printer Ink cartridge
- Printer alignment problem probably causing the same problematic hurdle
Luckily there are some productive solutions to instantly fix the HP Printer Not Printing Black issue. In the below guide, you will learn the right way to make it eliminated from the root. So, give a glimpse over here!
Prolific Solutions To Fix HP Printer Not Printing Black Ink Issue
As per our technical knowledge and skills, we have compiled a couple of fixing guidelines for you. You can grab here suitable solving instructions for HP Printer Not Printing. So, take a brief look at the below points:
Solution 1: Remove The Blockage in the Print Head
If the printhead is clogged, then you might unable to print with black color or any other color. In such case, to fix this issue, you need to perform the following given instructed lines one-by-one:
- First and foremost, turn your printer ON by pressing the Power button on your HP Printer device.
- In the next step, you need to open up the HP Printer’s cartridge panel carefully.
- Then, let your print head be reset itself.
- Afterward, slightly remove the color units and Print head from its actual place.
- Thereafter, clean the print head properly with water and then dry it with a soft & smooth cloth.
- After cleaning and drying the print head simultaneously, place it back into its suitable place.
- Also, you have to adjust all the accessories back to their places.
- Now, try to print a test page to check the printing quality.
In case, your printer still not printing black or color ink, continue following the next solving guide.
Solution 2: Use Printer’s Tool To Examine The Ink Cartridges
Here is what you are required to execute for this:
- Make sure your printer is in Switch On mode.
- Then, slightly open the printer cartridge access door
- Take out ink cartridges with full of awareness and also remove the empty cartridges case with new quality ink cartridges.
- Use the Printer Screen now.
- From the left corner of the screen place the (⎼) sign
- Use the side directional arrow on the screen and look for the ‘Tool’ option.
- Press the “OK” tab on the Tool option.
- Now, you’ll see an option that determines the ink levels of the cartridges. Select it and click the OK tab.
After the cleaning process completes successfully, you can print a test page to check if this time your printer is printing black or not. If the same problem yet persists, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Eliminate The Defective Ink Cartridges & Alignment Process
Defective ink cartridges can also be causing HP Printer Not Printing problems. Because of the faulty ink, the HP printer delivers a blank page or won’t print black color. To rectify this HP Printer Not Printing Black issue, use some simple and quick tips noted beneath:
- Switch your HP Printer ON.
- Open the printer panel full of carefulness & then let the ink cartridge transmit to the center.
- Press gently on ink units to take them out from the print head slots.
- Next check the expiration date on installed ink units. If they are really expired, replace them immediately with new genuine ones.
- Now, close the printer panel.
- Give a brief glance at the Printer Screen; there you can see some relevant information about printer alignment demo, paper loading and calibrating color units.
- Give a click on the “OK” tab for the entire information demo once you have properly checked them out.
- The printer will then start itself to initiate alignment.
- Now print a test page and place it on the scanner.
- Information will pop on the printer screen. Hit an Ok button on it.
- Finally, your printer is been aligned completely.
You can now obtain quality printouts from your HP Printer.
5 Recommended Suggestions To Avoid Confronting HP Printer Not Printing Black Issue
Always keep the following points remember if you do not want to ever again experience HP Printer Not Printing Black Problem:
- All the times you are suggested to install the genuine HP Ink cartridges.
- While manual cleaning of HP printer’s print head keeps the Printer in Switch off Mode.
- Always eradicate the shielding strip from a new cartridge, before installing.
- Never ever physically harm the ink cartridge nozzles.
- Check the ink cartridge slots properly, before adjusting them into the required slot.
If you are HP printer will not print black facing yet even after consciously applied the afore-mentioned troubleshooting instructed guidelines, then in spite of getting worried about it talk