Are you tired of dealing with browsers to log in to your account? Can’t find the login pages? Then, the best way to get rid of all of these issues is to add your Bellsouth account to an email client or app. We understand how annoying it can be to access the login pages when they don’t even load. So, for that time, we have perfect alternatives in the form of email apps. Also, Bellsouth email accounts are fully compatible with the email apps. Therefore, you can have full access to your account on an email app.
You can add your account to an inbuilt email app on your device or a trusted third-party email client. To add your Bellsouth account to a device, you just need to know the server settings of your account. Set an incoming and outgoing server on the mobile app, and then you are good to go. However, you can also use the automatic method to add your account, in which you do not need to set the incoming and outgoing server settings for your account. But we recommend you set your account manually if you can’t add your email account with an automatic method.
Server settings for the Bellsouth email account-
To set the incoming and outgoing servers for your account, first, you need to choose your account service type. You can choose between POP and IMAP to set your account service type.
POP settings- You can choose these server settings for the pop service type-
Inbound server for the Bellsouth account: inbound.att.net
Inbound server port number: 995
SSL security settings: YES
Outbound server for the Bellsouth account: outbound.att.net
Outbound server port number: 465
IMAP settings- Follow these server settings to set your account as an IMAP service type.
Inbound server for the Bellsouth account: imap.mail.att.net
Inbound server port number: 993
SSL security settings: YES
Outbound server for the Bellsouth account: smtp.mail.att.net
Outbound server port number: 465 or 587
When you want to add your account to an email app, you have to follow these server settings for your account. All of these settings are for the @bellsouth.net domain. Further in this guide, we will talk about adding the Bellsouth account on iPhone, Android, and Outlook. So, now let’s get started.
Add your to an email app on iPhone-
You can easily add your account by following these instructions on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Firstly, go to the Settings tab on your device and then click on the Mail app.
- After that, tap on the Accounts button.
- Click on the Add Account and then hit the Other button.
- Next, hit the Add Mail Account button.
- Following this, enter the name, email address, password, and description in the input fields of your account.
- Now, choose one between the IMAP or POP for your new account service type.
- Then, enter the incoming and outgoing server settings according to your account service type.
- Recheck your email account settings and click on the Next button.
- Lastly, if all the email settings are correct, click on the Finish button to finish adding the account.
Add the Bellsouth account to Outlook-
You can also choose the automatic setup method to add your email account. However, if you wish to add the account manually, follow these instructions to add your account-
- Firstly, open the Outlook application on your device.
- Click on the File option in the upper right corner of your window screen.
- In this menu, click on the Add Account option.
- Now, enter your email address for Bellsouth and select the Advanced options button.
- Check the Let me set up my account manually option and then select Connect.
- Following this, select your account type between POP and IMAP.
- Next, enter the incoming and outgoing server settings for the respective service.
- Lastly, enter your Bellsouth account password and hit the Connect button to finish the add process.
Add the Bellsouth account to an Android device-
If you have an android device such as phone or tab, you can follow these instructions to do the job-
- Open the Settings options tab on your Android device and then click on the Mail option.
- After that, click on the Add Account and subsequently hit the Others button.
- Now enter your Bellsouth mail address and choose the Manual setup method to add your account.
- Choose your desired account service type between POP and IMAP.
- Next, enter the incoming and outgoing server settings for the service type and recheck them.
- Following this, enter the password for your account and hit the Save button to finalize the process.
By following these settings, you can add the email account on your device successfully. However, options on your device can vary a little from model to model. So, in that case, choose the manual setup method and then simply follow the on-screen instructions because server settings always remain the same for every device. In case you encounter any issues while adding the email account, please get in touch with your device’s customer support to get the best possible solutions. Besides this, if you require any help with the Bellsouth server settings.
Conclusions- In this guide, we have tried to give you brief details on how you can add your email account on iPhone, Android, or Outlook with the correct server settings and without facing any issues. Lastly, we just hope this guide was helpful for you.