Intuit’s QuickBooks is perhaps the most utilized accounting software in the world. It has especially profited the little and medium measured businesses generally with its amazing features. Indeed, numerous cases that it has changed the manner in which accounting is finished. Directly from overseeing accounts to creating reports to solicitations this application does everything to ease and smooth out business activities.
QuickBooks has numerous amazing features and one such extremely powerful one is QuickBooks Print and PDF. Notwithstanding, clients frequently face issues while printing solicitations, records, pdf’s and so on In such situation’s clients are proposed to utilize the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool. This tool is intended to fix issues identified with Microsoft segments that surface while printing any reports. This tool settle issues identified with printing and PDF.
What is PDF repair tool in QuickBooks?
To print documents, QuickBooks require various parts like XPS Document Writer, MSXML, and Print Spooler service, and any deficiency or specialized tangle identified with these segments trigger errors. QuickBooks PDF repair tool is planned in a manner to fix the issues in Microsoft segments that happen at the hour of printing. This tool goes about as both PDF repair tool and printer repair tool. The cycle to download and install PDF repair tool is talked about later in this post.
About PDF repair tool:
- Language: English
- Version: Latest Version
- Size: 23 MB
- License: Both Free & Paid
- Downloads: 19 M
- Developer: Intuit
System Requirement for QuickBooks PDF repair tool
- Internet: Required to Download
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, 512 MB free hard disk space
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution recommended
- Processor: 266 MHz or even faster computer processor
- OS: Windows (All Versions)
Causes behind QuickBooks PDF and Printing Errors
There can be a lot of elements that may cause QuickBooks PDF and Print issues, a couple of which are referenced underneath:
- PDF record part is missing
- Or in case the PDF converter is disconnected
- Another factor causing the issue can be, if the framework is unable to communicate with the printer
- Similar issue can be faced, when an arranged network is unavailable
- The user can also encounter PDF and print issues, if the printer programming isn’t introduced adequately
- If a non working print driver host is present, the issue is probable to occur
- Another reason can be outdated QuickBooks software
Steps to download, install, and run QuickBooks PDF repair tool?
There can be two methods to download QuickBooks PDF repair tool, either downloading straightforwardly from the Intuit’s website, or utilizing it through QuickBooks Tool Hub. We will discuss every one of the methods individually. Allow us to see:
Method 1: Run the QuickBooks Print & Print Repair Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub. Now, save the file somewhere that you can easily find it, just like the Windows Desktop or downloads folder
- Moving ahead, agree to the terms of service
- Once the download is complete, open the file
- To install the same, follow the onscreen instructions
Step 2: Use QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair tool , from the Tool Hub
- To begin with, the user is required to tap on to the ‘Program Problems‘ option that will be shown in the ‘QuickBooks Tools Hub’.
- Moving ahead, choose the ‘QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool‘, which might take a minute or two to run.
- Once done with the steps above, the user should make an attempt to send an email, print or save the file as a PDF.
Method 2: Another method is to reset your temp folder permissions
This solution majorly consists of two steps and a few sub-steps. The steps include:
Step 1: The first step is to reset the temp folder permissions
In case the error persists, the user is required to reboot the computer and once again try for the same. However, if the user faces a failure again, then he/she can try resetting the temp folder permissions.
- To start with, the user is required to tap on the ‘Windows key + R‘ keys simultaneously, in order to open the ‘RUN‘ command.
- The next step is to write and enter ‘%TEMP%‘, followed by hitting ‘Enter‘ key.
- Run temp command – Screenshot
- Now, right-click the empty area of the temp folder, and then select the option of ‘Properties‘.
- Click on the ‘Security‘ tab.
- Make sure that all the usernames and groups displayed on the Security tab have the Full Control.
- When the permissions have been set to ‘Full Control‘, then try to ‘Save as PDF‘.
- Step 2: Give your confirmation that you can print to your XPSIn this step, the user is required to confirm if they can print to their ‘XPS Document Writer‘. The steps to do the same are as follows:
- First of all, the user is required to ‘Open the Notepad‘.
- Moving forward, write anything for testing purpose.
- Now, visit the ‘file‘ and then click on the ‘Print‘ option.
- The user needs to then choose the ‘XPS Document Writer‘ option, and choose the ‘Print‘.
- Give your confirmation that you can print to your XPS – Screenshot
- Now, pick the option of Desktop, from the save as dialog box.
- Lastly, navigate to the desktop and find out whether you are able to view the XPS document that you have printed from your notepad or not.
Method 3: Find out whether the reconcile window is off of the screen or not
In case the QuickBooks desktop software appears to lockup after picking reconcile from the Banking menu, however, if the PDF functions are operational, then the reconcile window might display off of the screen.
- In such case, select the ‘Window menu‘ and check if the reconcile window is listed or not.
- Pick the option, Close All and start with the reconciliation process once again.
Method 4: Test, reinstall, and alter permissions for XPS Document Writer
There are specific points that the client is required to consider prior to starting with this method. You may be thinking what those points are, to make it simple for you, we have listed those points beneath:
- Intuit doesn’t uphold the Microsoft applications and is additionally not liable for running these tools.
- Assuming the client is awkward in playing out these errands, it is proposed that they should search for an IT expert to play out a similar undertaking for them, to keep away from any wreck.
Step 1: The first step is to test the XPS document writer, by simply printing outside QuickBooks
- To begin with, the user is required to select the ‘Print‘ option from the ‘file menu‘.
- select the Print option from the file menu – Screenshot
- After that, choose the ‘Microsoft XPS Document Writer‘ from the list of printers in the print window.
- choose the Microsoft XPS Document Writer from the list of printer – Screenshot
- Now, save the ‘.xps file‘.
- save the .xps file – Screenshot
- Lastly, visit the desktop and find out the .xps file:
- There can be certain situations encountered, one of which is that if the file is not there and the user didn’t encounter an error while saving the same. A security setting might be stopping the user from printing to the XPS Document Writer.
- In case the .xps file is present, the user is required to open it. In case he/she encounters any sort of error in opening the file, or also if the file doesn’t show up in a proper manner, then the user is required to reinstall the XPS Document Writer.
- Lastly, if QuickBooks desktop bumps into a problem while the user tries to print, then also there is a need to reinstall the same.
- Now comes the step 2, which has two parts, namely A and B.
- Read Also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 2000?
Step 2: Reinstalling the Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Part A: In the first part, the user is required to ‘Verify‘ whether the XPS Services are enabled or not.
Part B: In the second part, the user should reinstall the XPS Document Writer.
Let us explore, each of the steps one by one.
Part A: By following simple steps, the user can Verify whether the XPS Services Are Enabled or not
- Tap on the ‘Windows key‘ along with pressing ‘E key‘, in order to open the window explorer.
- In the upper left, pick the ‘Computer tab‘.
- Choose the uninstall option or change a program under the System group.
- Now, the user has to opt for the ‘Turn Windows Features‘ on or off over on the left.
- Turn Windows features On or Off – Screenshot
- Lastly, scroll down and make sure that both the XPS Services and XPS Viewer are enabled.
- Part B: Reinstalling the XPS Document Writer in Windows 8 and Windows 7/Windows Vista
For Windows 7/Windows Vista:
To start with, the user is required to select the ‘Devices and Printer’ options from the ‘Windows Start‘ menu.
- Now, choose the ‘Microsoft XPS Document Writer icon‘, followed by selecting the ‘Remove device‘.
- To continue and confirm, choose ‘Yes‘.
- Choose ‘Add a printer‘ and select ‘Add a local printer‘ option respectively from the toolbar.
- After that, choose the option ‘Use an existing port‘.
- Also, choose ‘XPSPort: (Local Port)‘, and then hit ‘Next‘.
- Now, the user is required to select ‘Microsoftt‘ and then ‘Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4‘, from the manufacturer list.
- After that tap on to ‘Next‘.
- The final step is to pick the ‘Replace the current driver‘ option and tap onto the ‘Next‘ option.
For Windows 8:
To begin with, the user is required to hover the mouse in the lower or upper right-hand corner, in order to display the ‘Start Screen‘.
- Now the user has to choose the ‘settings > Control Panel > Devices and Printers‘.
- Moving ahead, the ‘Microsoft XPS Document Writer‘ icon is to be selected, followed by choosing the ‘Remove device‘.
- The user is now required to select the option ‘YES‘ to give the confirmation.
- From the toolbar, select the option of ‘Add a printer‘, followed by picking the ‘Add a local printer or network print‘ with manual settings option.
- The next step is to select the ‘PORTPROMPT‘ i.e. local port, in the use an existing port option.
- Tap on to the ‘Next‘ option to move ahead.
- The user is required to hit the ‘Microsoft‘ option, and then ‘Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4‘ from the manufacturer list.
- Again tap on to the ‘Next‘ option.
- Now, select the ‘Replace the current driver‘ option and then tap on to ‘Next‘.
- Take out the v4 in the Printer Name field, thus, the name is ‘Microsoft XPS Document Writer‘.
- The final step is to hit the ‘finish‘ tab and you are good to go.
Step 3: In this step, the user is required to adjust Windows user permissions for the XPS Document Writer
If by any chance, the Windows user is not having the permission to print to the XPS document writer, then in that case the QuickBooks software will not be able to create the .xps file. Also, the user is required to be logged in with Admin Rights to change these permissions.
- The very first step is to open the ‘Printers Control Panel in Windows‘
- And then, Right-click the ‘Microsoft XPS Document Writer‘, followed by selecting the ‘Printer properties(Windows 7 & 8) or Properties (Windows Vista)‘
- Now, tap on the ‘Security‘ option.
- Choose the ‘Everyone user group‘.
This step is optional. In case the Everyone group is not seen in the list, the user can take necessary actions, which include:
- a) Hitting the ‘Add button’.
- b) Entering the ‘term Everyone’ in the field and lastly
- c) Tap on to ‘Check Names’ and hit ‘OK‘.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to select ‘Print‘ and hit ‘OK‘ tab, in the Allow column.
- Now, the user is required to navigate to ‘C:\Windows\System32\spool in Windows Explorer.‘
- In this step, the user is required to choose the ‘Printers‘ option and select ‘Properties‘.
- After that hit the ‘Security‘ tab.
- Now click on the ‘Edit‘ option.
- Moving ahead, tap on the ‘Add‘ option.
- Type ‘Local Service‘ and select ‘Enter‘.
- Make sure Local Service has ‘Full Control’, then select ‘OK‘.
- Open QuickBooks and try to ‘create a .pdf file‘.
Step 4: In this step, the user is required to edit the security software settings
At times the creation of .xps files can also be blocked by the settings of the security software such as, Norton Antivirus or McAfee firewall. Thus, the user is required to check those setting on their security software and ensure that the .xps files aren’t blocked.
Ideally, the previously mentioned data may help you in downloading, installing, and utilizing QuickBooks PDF repair tool. In any case, in the event of any question, our QuickBooks Bigxperts service group will be there to assist you in a solitary call. We are a center point of well informed accounting experts, who don’t leave any stone un-turned in offering the most ideal help services. If you Troubleshoot PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop worry not. A Tool called Print and PDF Repair tool can easily fix the error.