The payroll service in QuickBooks allows a business to pay salaries to its employees. If you have taken the subscription for QuickBooks payroll services in QuickBooks, you can avail of all the features in payroll. However, you can come across many errors when downloading the latest payroll update. One such error is the QuickBooks error PS077 that arises when you update to the recent payroll tax table in QuickBooks Desktop. If you face the same error and want to get rid of it, go through this detailed article until the end and know different ways to debug the issue.
Consult our technical experts by dialing 1.800.579.0391 in order to rectify the QuickBooks error PS077
What Triggers Payroll Update Error PS077 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Several reasons can cause the QuickBooks error code PS077 and stop you from updating the payroll service. To know the reasons, read further-
- A file in the CPS folder has been damaged severely.
- The registration of your QuickBooks is still incomplete.
- There might be a similar copy of your QuickBooks on your desktop.
- The UAC settings, i.e., User Account Control settings, are interfering the payroll updates.
- You have not updated the account information in your QuickBooks.
You may also read : QuickBooks Won’t Open
Ways to Eliminate the QuickBooks Desktop Error PS077
Following certain easy debugging methods will help you resolve the payroll update error PS077 in your QuickBooks Desktop. Check out the two solutions given below-
SOLUTION 1: Edit the CPS Folder Name
- On your desktop, double-click on ‘This PC’ or ‘My Computer’.
- Select ‘Local Disk C’ to open ‘Program File (x86)’ and Intuit folder.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Desktop folder and choose ‘Components’.
- In the Components, open the Payroll folder.
- You will see the ‘CPS Folder’; right-click on it to rename the folder.
- Select the ‘Rename’ option and add ‘.OLD’ at the end of the folder name.
- Rename the folder as ‘CPS.OLD’ and press ‘Enter’.
- Now, open QuickBooks to make a new CPS folder.
- To update the payroll, go to the ‘Employees’ menu on the QB Desktop application.
- Click ‘Get Payroll Updates’ and checkmark the ‘Download Entire Update’ checkbox.
- Finally, choose ‘Download Latest Update’.
SOLUTION 2: Register your QuickBooks Desktop and Install its Latest Updates
- Run QuickBooks and press F2 on your keyboard.
- The ‘Product Information’ window will appear.
- On the top left, check whether it’s mentioned ‘Activated’ or not.
- If it is not activated, activate your QuickBooks.
- To register the software, run QuickBooks Desktop and move to the ‘Help’ menu.
- Hit ‘Activate QuickBooks Desktop’ and proceed with the instructions displayed on the screen.
- After the registration is completed, update the application and the current payroll tax table.
We are hoping that these troubleshooting methods must have worked well for you. If your screen still displays the error and does not let you download the payroll update in QuickBooks, contact our technical support team to learn the advanced solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error PS077 via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
You may also read : QuickBooks Error 6000 83