The Canon IJ printer is being professionally used for printing, scanning, faxing, and copying documents. Though, when it comes to making use of its functionalities in an optimum manner, Canon IJ Setup should be performed. Being a newbie, setting up a brand new printer for the first time could be tricky or next to impossible. There is no need to worry as we have come up with collective guidance for you. Read to learn the descriptive and quick procedural instructions to easily download, install, and setup your printer.
Basic Fruitful Guidance Before Start To Perform Canon IJ Setup
- Before beginning with the Canon IJ Setup process, keep the model number of your printer in hand.
- Ensure that your operating system has enough storage space so that driver and software will easily be installed.
- Also, ensure that the Canon IJ printer is securely plugged into the power outlet.
- Make sure that your computer has a strong internet connection.
Steps For Wired And Wireless Canon IJ Setup
As the Canon IJ printer has multi-function facilities so the printer can be setup both wirelessly and wired. In the beneath segment, the comprehensive procedures for Canon IJ Setup wirelessly and wired both are provided. You are only required to go through the instructed steps one by one till the end carefully. So, let’s begin to follow:
Instructions For Canon IJ Setup Wireless On Windows
- First and foremost, visit the http //ij.start.cannon site to direct download and install your printer driver and software.
- Next, switch on your Canon printer by pressing the Power button.
- Thereafter, ensure that it is properly plugged in with the power switch.
- Now, in the next, you need to open the downloaded file of driver setup on your Windows.
- Then, click “Next” spontaneously till the time you see the “Wireless Setup Wizard” option.
- Now, place a single click on the “Wireless Setup Wizard” after selecting the wireless option.
- Then, land on your Canon printer screen and tap the “Wi-Fi Setup” button.
- Select the device settings and press the “OK” tab.
- Next, select Device Settings > LAN Settings and then hit “OK.”
- Now, navigate to LAN Settings > Wireless LAN Setup and then press “OK”.
- After doing so your Canon printer will search for an access point.
- Give confirmation that your Wi-Fi router is turned on. Check to see if the flash lamp blinks on the printer as it confirms whether the Wi-Fi router is ON.
- Afterward, a list of Wi-Fi networks will appear on your printer screen. You have to select your Wi-Fi network from the opened list.
- After selecting your network name, press the “OK” button.
- Now, you will be asked for your WPA/WEP key. So, enter your correct password into the field and then hit the “OK” button.
- Within a couple of seconds, your printer will be successfully connected to your selected Wi-Fi network.
- Finally, Canon IJ Printer has been precisely setup wirelessly for your Windows PC. Now, you can your print job wirelessly right now right here.
Check To See If Your Canon IJ Printer Is Added Or Not
By following the below-noted guidelines, you can effort-freely verify whether your printer is added to your system or not. So, let’s perform:
- First, open the Control Panel window on your desktop.
- Next, choose the “Device and Printer” option.
- Thereafter, check if your printer is present on the next screen with a green checkmark. If it is not, then try to manually add your printer. Here’s how:
- Just tap on the “Add a printer” option.
- Now, the list of all available printers will display on your screen. Select your Canon IJ printer from the given list.
- And then press the “Next” button.
- Now, wait for a few seconds for your printer to be added to the printer list.
- Once it gets added concisely, you will see your printer added with a green checkmark. This sign verifies that your printer is added to your computer system so then you can print anything using a Canon IJ printer.
Stepwise Instructions To Connect Canon IJ Printer on Windows Via USB
Let’s start following the below-provided course of action to accurately set up your Canon IJ Printer via USB:
- First of all, download the Canon printer driver & complete the installation process appropriately.
- Now, in the next, let’s connect your printer to Windows PC using a USB Cable.
- Thereafter, open the “Run” dialog box on your Windows and type Control Panel.
- After clicking the “OK” tab, select Control Panel to open it.
- Now, from the provided options, select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Doing this you can see your printer with a green check-mark.
- If you won’t see your printer in the given list, click “Add a printer” to add it manually.
- Finally, your printer will be added and ready to deliver quality printing paper.
Required Procedures To Setup Canon IJ Printer On Mac
Without skipping a single step, go through the following instructive directions for easy and quick Canon IJ Setup:
- First and foremost, access https://canon.com/ijsetup on any web browser to download and setup the printer driver.
- Now, connect your Canon printer to the same Wi-Fi network as your device with the help of the aforementioned guide.
- Next, go to the “Apple” menu and click the “System Preferences”.
- Thereafter, tap on the printer-shaped icon known as “Printers and scanners” from the System preferences window.
- Now, click the “+” sign present at the bottom left corner of the screen. New windows will pop up.
- On that Window, in the left-hand pane, you can see a list of printers. You can confirm if the printer is already connected over the same Wi-Fi network. Click on it to begin the Canon IJ Setup process.
- Once the process gets successfully done, your printer will be shown with a green checkmark on the screen. The printer is also ready to serve printouts with a high-rated frequency.
If you’re facing any problems with any of the printer options, or if you’re wrong, you’ve selected some options that you didn’t know about. You can reset the factory on the printer, and configuration and manual problems can be solved at Canon com/ijsetup to help you install all the manufacturers’ default options. To restore the printer default setting, press the cancel or the resume button and hold it. You must keep it until the warning flashes 17 times straight next to it. You should let go of the button after the 17th flash. This would restore the default option programmed for your printer. If you also have issues here, you can contact the esteemed service center person and contact the service of the company or visit canon com/ijsetup