The QuickBooks accounting software is designed and developed for certain astounding features and functionalities. In any case, these features and functionalities doesn’t make the this software without error. There are instances when this surprising accounting and bookkeeping software runs out of control and end up in certain bugs and glitches.
Clients may confront QuickBooks error code 15241 at the hour of updating the software. This error is much of the time announced by numerous QuickBooks clients on the local area. While using the QuickBooks payroll work or while installing the updates to the software, the clients may run over to this issue. Assuming you are facing comparable issue, need not to stress, go through this article till the end, and you will get the most applicable solution to resolve this issue.
What is QuickBooks error 15241?
QuickBooks error code 15241 concocts an error message being popped up on the screen stating:
Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
There can be numerous factors leading to this payroll error. It very well may be caused due to damaged Microsoft Windows Installer or due to damaged QuickBooks desktop installation. The error code 15241 makes a trouble in QuickBooks payroll work, and is generally seen when the client installs or updates the payroll. There are a lot of realities identified with this error, which will be examined later in this post.
How to Establish preference in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Simply go to ‘Edit menu’ and afterward select ‘Preferences’ tab.
- In the wake of clicking of preferences kindly pick ‘Reports’ and ‘Charts situated’ on the left side.
- Presently, pick any of the one like ‘My Preferences’ or ‘Company Preferences’ choice.
For My Preferences
- Guarantee to ‘change report choice’ and check prior to opening a report.
- Then every time you make a report the change report window will open automatically.
- After revive, set chart and ‘report preferences’ to affirm.
Request that I invigorate When report is revive a brief message will show on the screen which shows that the diagram or chart must be invigorated.
Automatic invigorate Whenever you need to roll out any improvements in the report QuickBooks Desktop automatically revives it.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 15241
- Error 15241 shows up and the program window crashes
- Windows run sluggishly and responds slowly to the keyboard and mouse inputs
- The user will receive an update notification in QuickBooks Payroll
- Unable to install the payroll update
What Causes QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241?
- QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. This service is very important for the function of QB application and payroll service
- The downloaded file got corrupted somehow
- Or if the QuickBooks installation was not done properly
- The same error could be seen, in case the windows registry files got corrupted due to the installation of QuickBooks
- Trojan attack can be one such reason
- In case some QuickBooks related essentials files got deleted somehow
- The error code 15241 can also be detected, if the anti-virus program is blocking access for the updated file
Fix QuickBooks error 15241 by following simple steps
There are a couple of steps that can be carried out by the users to dispose of this error. In any case, the steps differ according to the operating system. This implies that the steps for Windows XP users might differ from that for Windows 7, 8, 10 or vista. Along these lines, in this post we will investigate each set of steps individually, let us investigate every one of them independently:
For Windows XP users:
- The initial step you need to follow if you are a windows XP user is to close the QuickBooks desktop for a while.
- And then, move to My Computer on the desktop and then right click the same. Followed by select Manage option. This will open the Computer management system.
- After that move to the Services ad applications window and then hit a click on Services, which will open up the services window.
- Next, scroll down and double click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service, which will further open the window as Intuit QuickBooks FCS properties.
- Now, move to the general tab and then also click on the drop-down list of start-up type. And then opt for Manual option.
- Once done with that, hit a click on OK tab.
- And then open up the QuickBooks desktop.
- The next step is to download the QuickBooks desktop product updates.
- Lastly you need to update the payroll tax tables.
For Windows 8, 7, 10, or Vista
If you are a windows 8, 7, 10 or vista user, then the below steps are applicable for you:
- To begin with, shut down the QuickBooks desktop, just like the other procedure.
- After that, go for Windows Start button, followed by right-clicking the computer option and pressing Manage.
- The next step is to hit the Services and Applications that could be seen in the left pane.
- Moving ahead, double click on the Services option from the right pane.
- And then, again double-click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Once done with that, the user is required to choose the Startup type drop-down from the General tab and then select the Manual option.
- After completing that, the user is required to tap on the Apply option.
- Now select the start button and then hit OK button.
- The next step is to open the QuickBooks desktop software.
- And then download the QuickBooks desktop product updates.
- The final step is same as the above procedure, update the payroll tax tables and you are good to go
An Additional Solution
You can also setup your QuickBooks for automatic update. This would keep you from manually updating your QuickBooks Desktop and its various tools and applications. Here is how you can do it:
- Click on ‘Help’ tab and then select ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
- Next, go to the ‘option’ tab.
- Click ‘Yes’ to turn on automatic updates.
- Click on ‘Close’ tab.
The above counted steps might be of incredible help with tackling the QuickBooks payroll error 15241. However, the steps would certainly help in getting freed of the error, yet in the event that in the event that the steps don’t end up being valuable, or assuming you are facing any trouble in dealing with the error, don’t spare a moment to settle on a decision to our experts.