American Airlines understand that a person might have to make changes to their pre-booked flight due to an emergency or any other reason. They provide the service of flight change in two ways, online and offline. On can make changes to their flight via their website or by calling their customer care number. But before making changes to your flight, you must know about American Airlines Flight Change Policy. We have mentioned the policy in detail in this article for you. So next time when you make changes to your reservation, you know the best time and way to change the ticket without paying any penalty.
American Airlines Flight Change Policy
To make changes to your flight online from the website, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Head to the website of the airline.
- Go down a little, and you will find the “My Trips” option there.
- You will be asked for details of your booked flight, such as your last name and the confirmation number that you must have received at the time of the booking via mail.
- After entering the details, continue, and your flight details will appear on your screen.
- Now, go to the options where you will find the flight change option.
- Click on that, and all the other flights available for your journey will appear on your screen.
- Choose the flight you want to travel with and head to the payment page.
- Next, pay the difference between the fare of the pre-booked flight and the booked flight (if any).
- In case the situation is vice versa, the credit will be transferred to your airline account, and you can use that credit for future bookings.
Tips to Avoid Penalty
According to the American Airlines Flight Change Policy, you can change your flight without paying any penalty under certain circumstances. These are mentioned below:
- 24-hour policy: under the 24-hour policy, you can make changes to your flight within 24 hours of your booking. Make sure that the booking was made at least seven days before the departure date.
- Wait for the scheduled changes and flight cancellations that the airline might make for certain reasons, including weather conditions, mechanical crises, etc. In that case, the airline refunded your fare to your original payment mode.
- Try to book refundable tickets. Although these tickets are a bit expensive, they are completely worth the price when you need to cancel or change your flight.
If you keep these tips in your mind, you can save a lot of money on your changes and cancellations charges under American Airlines Flight Change Policy.