Clients of QuickBooks Desktop have indeed begun detailing that it is crashing after the most recent Windows X (Windows Ten) Updates were introduced on their Computer. It appears to be that the soonest announced occurrence of this may have been around August 26th, yet it has filled in increasing consistency and seriousness since September first.
QuickBooks is viewed as one of the best accounting software, however the lone disadvantage of this software is that it is inclined to specific errors. One such mistake is that the QuickBooks will not blunder open after Windows update. There can be a circumstance, when QuickBooks desktop doesn’t begin two or three minutes in a totally expected state. This kind of mistake typically happens because of certain technical glitches. It by and large happens while doing a specific errand on the software. It is constantly prescribed to the client while refreshing the software to the most recent version of QuickBooks, as it has the high level highlights and devices. In the present post, we will discuss the QuickBooks Crashes After Installing Windows Update error, particularly the causes and fixes of the issue.
Why QuickBooks Crashes After Installing Windows Update?
Now and again, when the client attempts to open the software, an error shows up on the screen stating ” QuickBooks Crashes After Installing Windows Update ” or once in a while no error at all shows up and the framework freezes consequently. This error is additionally seen when the client attempts to open the company file. Likewise, different other company file issues can be seen alongside it in particular: QuickBooks error code 1603, error code 1935, or error code 1402. There can be different potential causes of this error, which will be examined later in the post, alongside the fixation methods. Accordingly, keep perusing for further information.
Causes behind to this error
As we said previously, there can several components prompting such an error, to be specific:
- Long company file name for example exceeding as far as possible
- Or on the other hand adulterated hard drive can be another issue
- The client could wind up in such an error, in the event that the installation of the software isn’t appropriate
- Or on the other hand if the QBWUSER.INI file is absent or harmed, this error may show up
- Another factor prompting QuickBooks will not open after update error is the obsolete operating system.
Symptoms for QuickBooks won’t open or doesn’t begin error
Distinguishing the QuickBooks doesn’t begin error turns out to be simple with the assistance of the beneath referenced signs and symptoms:
- QuickBooks desktop freezes while running similar applications
- Or then again the client is operating an old version of QuickBooks
- On the off chance that the system freezes occasionally
- Another indication can be if the QuickBooks company file neglects to open
- Or then again the PC reacts gradually to the keyboard and mouse inputs
How to Fix QuickBooks Doesn’t Open or Stops Working Problem on Windows 10 (Dell/HP/Lenovo/Asus/Acer)?
Here are some of the ways or methods to fix this error:-
Solution 1: Restart the Computer
- In most of the instance, a simple system restart can fix the problem
- Click on the ‘Restart’ tab from the ‘Windows Start’ option
- You will get rid of the current state of the QuickBooks software
- Launch the QuickBooks application after the restart
Solution 2: Add Exceptions to Antivirus, Firewall/Disable Windows Firewall, & Multiple Antivirus
In the event that, you are experiencing QB stacking or launching problem then it conceivably is the antivirus or security firewall which doesn’t permit the QuickBooks software to stack. This happens in light of the fact that this present software’s perceives the QB files as conceivably dangerous and destructive. Henceforth, the system blocks it from running.
- You can add exceptions to the QuickBooks application.
- You can call your individual Antivirus Company on the off chance that you need support in adding an exception for the QuickBooks software.
Most of the event Antivirus causes the QuickBooks software to crash/freeze so on the off chance that you have different security operating on the computer, immobilize all the antivirus except one or take a stab at changing to another antivirus in the event that one explicit antivirus application is causing the problem. On the off chance that this doesn’t help with immobilizing the Antivirus software, you should endeavor to open the QuickBooks
Solution 3: Rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file
Another strategy is to rename or erase the QBWUSER.INI file, as it helps in eradicating each information saved in the rundown of recently opened files. The means included are:
- The initial step is to press Windows + E keys
- After that, under the organize tab on the top left press, folder and search options
- The next step is to press view tab
- Also, under the advanced settings >> hidden files and folders, and then choose the show hidden files and folders and then hit OK button
- After that, navigate to my computer >> C: drive >> Documents >> [your username] >> Local settings >> Application data >> Intuit >> QuickBooks
- The next step is to right click the QBWUSER.INI file and then hit a click on delete and rename option
Solution 4: End the QBW32.exe Process
At now and again, QuickBooks programs or cycle that works in the climate isn’t running. Thus, restarting the QuickBooks application indeed can resolve the issues.
- In the Windows search box, type in the ‘task manager’ to open Task Manager.
- Once the task manager is open choose the “Details” tab.
- Find & choose the QBW32.EXE and later, perform a right click on it to “End” the task.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download & install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Intuit’s official website.
- Save the “exe” file on the computer when prompted.
- Shutdown open applications/programs. Later, run the QBInstall Tool. It may also take some time to finish the process.
- Reboot the computer once it diagnoses thoroughly.
Solution 6: Verify the Company File & QuickBooks
Now and again, it very well may be conceivable that there could be a damaged company file/envelope. Consequently, we need to guarantee that QuickBooks software is working admirably. Conceivably, QuickBooks is attempting to access/open the previous QB Company files/organizers, so it’s expected to limit in a circumstance where QuickBooks or its related company file is damaged.
- Perform a right-click on the “QuickBooks” tab on the computer.
- Later, press & hold the “Ctrl” key and choose the “Open” icon.
Solution 7: Repair the QuickBooks Installation
Intuit Inc. proposes you make the QuickBooks Desktop installation CD before the repair cycle. On the off chance that the QB software bought via telephone or any online medium, guarantee to download the installer from the QuickBooks website.
- Reboot the computer.
- Create the backup the QuickBooks company file.
- In the Windows search box, type in the “Control Panel” to open the “Control Panel”
- From the “Control Panel” windows, select the “Programs and Features” icon or “Uninstall a Program”
- In the listed programs, select the QuickBooks software.
- Later, choose the “Uninstall/Change”
- Select the “Continue” tab & later, hit onto the “Next”
- Select the “Repair” tab & then hit the “Next” icon, now wait for the “Repair” to complete.
- Choose the “Finish” icon & “Restart” the computer if prompted.
- Confirm that you downloaded the latest QuickBooks release by following the steps from here & also the latest payroll tax table.
Solution 8: Create a New Admin Account
- To make local account access/open the ‘Windows 10 Settings’ by clicking on the “Windows + I” keys icon simultaneously on the keyboard,
- After that go to ‘Accounts’ section,
- Now go to the Family or other people, and click on the ‘Add someone else to this PC’.
- In case, this process requires an email address, then do not enter any email click on I don’t have this person’s sign in information.
- After that select the ‘Add a user without a Microsoft account’
- And create a new username & password and click on the “Next” icon.
- Confirm that you make this local account an administrator.
- Once the account created on the same account settings page..! Click on the new local account which you have created,
- Now click on the “Change account type” icon.
- Then transform type from “Standard User” to “Administrator”
We trust that this technical answer would be helpful for you to comprehend this problem better. In any case, it very well may be conceivable that there are some muddled subjects or bother. In such condition, you can straightforwardly contact our Certified QuickBooks support Bigxperts team.