Panel EDITOR for Roland VR700 V-Combo stage organs
06/2021: Announcement: v.1.01.3 is in preparation with bugfixes, adjustments and new features (reworked V-SYNTH with 80 ‘identified’ MFX, songbook integration, ex/import of syx-files, reworked coupling of VR-Favorite<>Editor-registrations, integrated help menus, …). Release date: mid 2021.
03/2019: v1.01(2) MINOR BUGFIX VERSION : see DOWNLOAD section
VR700 V-COMBO EDITOR is an application running on MS Windows (XP – 10), OSX and Linux to control the Roland VR700 in studio or on stage (it has no proper sounds – it’s just a controller-editor!). Besides a comfortable user interface, it extends the sound capabilities of the VR (integration of parameters like envelope/filter, access to ‘hidden features’ of the VR700 etc), adds its own registration, integrates/modifies VR hardware controls etc.
VR700 EDITOR @ CTRLR is fully reactive to touch displays (for usage live on stage)
- Direct access to VR700 sounds and parameters instead of painful menu diving in the WDOAT (worst display of all times)
- Hammond style organ with 2 (touch-reactive) drawbar sets and (customizable) presets
- Organ preset switching in Hammond-style (‘black keys’) using low left hand VR-keys
- Additional effects for ensemble sounds (filter, ADR envelope, vibrato, special FX …)
- Free choice of the per-sound MFX-EFFECT + controls of MFX parameters (equal to VR760)
- Extended rhythm control (change of drum kit and drum sound manipulation)
- EDITOR registration (independent from VR favorites) : 2048 registrations, custom naming, saving of additional EFX (like envelope, filter, extended rhythm control, vibrato, etc)
- EDITOR single sound registration : fast ‘workflow’ register to ‘backup’ single ensemble sounds (e.g. your modified pianos, enhanced strings etc)
- Coupling between VR-Favorits and EDITOR-registrations:
- VR-Favorites can be switched by the EDITOR user interface
- EDITOR registrations can be switched with the VR700-Favorite buttons and/or footswitch
- EDITOR registrations and VR-Favorites can be switched with an external program/controller
- Footswitch configurator (for stage use – no menu diving …)
- Synthesizer work mode : organ drawbars and GAIN+REVERB knob act as ADR envelope and filter faders.
- enhanced EQUALIZER
- UPG file editor for reordering the favorites in Favorite backup (“UPG”) files
- Built in sequencer (Win only) and external program launcher
- Compatible to VR700 keyboard firmware v.1.01
- Recommended software: Windows + CTRLR v5.4.29 (no newer!), OSX + CTRLR v53.198, Linux: (?)
- Interactive document for Web-Browsers : see DOWNLOAD
- VR09 EDITOR MANUAL (from Raymond) : some parts are applicable to the VR700
- Video tutorials on youtube: for VR09 but applicable to VR700: [EDITOR VR09 setup, usage]
Download VR700 EDITOR PANEL v1.01.2 for CTRLR platform
[CTRLR for Windows] : CTRLR platform needed to run the ‘panel’
[CTRLR for OSX (MacOS)] : CTRLR platform needed to run the ‘panel’
Download Interactive DOCUMENT for VR700 EDITOR
[V-ComboEditor.exe] : STANDALONE EDITOR for Windows-64bit (needs no installation of CTRLR platform)
[TechnoToys Omega] : ‘oldschool’ software pack containing arp, sequencer, drumbox (see Editor external program launcher)
v01.01.2 03/2019: MINOR BUFIX VERSION (crash when setting midi-channel for V-Link) v01.01.1 01/2019: INITIAL RELEASE v01.01.0 12/2018: beta prototpe
FOUND BUGS ? LIKE TO HAVE A NEW FEATURE ? NEED HELP ?
This panel can only get better if you report the bugs you encounter. You are also invited to propose your ideas and feature requests and ask for help (please if possible use youtube for communicaton)
This is free software but if you like to donate, feel free to contact me, I’ll send you a paypal address.
V-KEYBOARD (main) section:
V-ORGAN section, 2 drawbarsets