Just like the cleanliness of other parts of the body are very important likewise, oral health is also important to be taken care of. No doubt that dental hygiene can prevent gum diseases and bad breath. Therefore, it is necessary to brush and floss your teeth regularly and visit your dentist at least one time in six months. But sometimes, regular cleaning is not enough, and your dentist recommends Deep Teeth Cleaning.
There are a few signs that tell you you need to get a deep cleaning of your teeth including receding gums, loose teeth, and bleeding gums. Deep cleaning of teeth is also known by a few other names, including root planing or periodontal scaling.
In this guide, we let you know about this dental treatment, including the advantages and disadvantages of this procedure.
What are deep teeth cleaning procedures?
This dental treatment is basically the removal of plaque and tartar buildup on your teeth. It can improve gum health as well as reduce gum inflammation. Plaque is basically a gummy and sticky film that builds on the surface of the teeth. This sticky film contains bacteria.
The most common cause of plaque buildup is when food particles mix with saliva. It can be removed when you brush or floss daily. However, the plaque in between your teeth often does not get removed by brushing the teeth, and this leftover plaque forms tartar.
The constant buildup of tartar and plaque causes gum diseases, and the most common disease of gums is gingivitis. This disease causes inflammation in the gums. And if you do not treat it as soon as it should be, it can advance to periodontitis. This advanced stage of gingivitis destroys the bone, which is the support structure of the teeth.
Due to this advanced stage of gum disease, the most severe case is that your teeth will start falling off, and you will then end up having permanent dentures. Therefore, it is necessary for you to take care of your dental hygiene and get a deep cleaning of your teeth to remove plaque and tartar.
Benefits of deep teeth cleaning:
You will require deep cleaning dental treatment if gum disease, probably gingivitis, causes your gums to pull away from your teeth. Due to this, it will also create a space that will be more than 5mm deep. And if your case gets worse, the space will continue to widen. It will weaken the support system of your teeth, resulting in causing loose teeth or tooth loss.
This is the best place where you should consider deep cleaning of the teeth. There are countless benefits of this dental treatment. A few of its benefits are listed below:
1. The most prominent benefit of deep cleaning is that it can stop the advancement of gum disease
2. The second most common benefit of this dental treatment is that it can treat your current gum disease as well as promote healing of the wound caused due to gum disease.
3. It can clean your teeth above, below, and in between your teeth and gum line
4. Due to gum disease, people often suffer from bad breath. This treatment can eliminate this issue as well.
5. The best benefit of this treatment is that it provides protection to the roots of your teeth.
Thus, these are the most common benefits of thoroughly cleaning your teeth. With this treatment, you can strengthen the bone of your teeth and can eliminate the risks of getting gum diseases.
Disadvantages of deep teeth cleaning:
However, at the same time, there are a few disadvantages of this dental treatment. Although this treatment is able to treat gum diseases, it comes with its own risks as well. The downside of this procedure includes:
1. Most probably, this treatment can cause nerve damage
2. Although this treatment can reduce the space between gum and teeth that causes due to gum disease, this procedure does not guarantee the reattachment of gums to your teeth
3. Another drawback of this treatment is that it can cause your gums to recede
4. Pain and sensitivity are some more disadvantages of deep cleaning.Thus, deep teeth cleaning has advantages and disadvantages at the same time. This treatment can help you to get rid of bad breath, but it also has some risks that you must understand