There are so-called “three books and six rituals” in the wedding customs of our country. The three books are the names of the wedding process. There are different names for different procedures in the wedding process, and they are divided into: appointment letter, gift letter, and greeting letter.
The six rituals are the six steps in the establishment of a marriage relationship in ancient Chinese society, including Nacai, Asking for Names, Najib, Najib, Nazheng, Asking for a Date, and Welcoming.
More read: Wedding Planners in Jaipur
- Appointment letter: a letter of engagement, created by both men and women.
- Gift Book: It is a gift book, which is a list of gifts, which details the type and quantity of gifts.
- Greeting book: the book of welcoming the bride.
- Nacai: “Nacai” is the first of the six rituals. When the man likes the woman, the man’s family will propose to the woman’s family and ask the matchmaker to act as a matchmaker. After the female’s family agreed, they then accepted the engagement gift from the male’s family, which is called “nice,” now called “promotion.”
- Questioning name: “Winging name” means that the man asks the woman’s name and birthday. It is called the name of questioning with Bu Jizhao, which is now called “He Bazi”. The purpose of name questioning is twofold: to prevent marriages of close relatives of the same surname; to use the birth date obtained from the questioning name to fortune whether the marriage of the parties is suitable.
- Najib: “Najib” asks for the name. If it is auspicious, the man and the woman are in a horoscope, and there is no conflict. The man will send a matchmaker to give a gift to the woman’s house to inform the woman’s family that the wedding agenda can continue.
- Paying for the levy: “Paying for the levy” means officially giving the dowry gift. The man will give gift money, cakes, gifts and sacrifices to the woman’s house. All gifts, gift cakes and gifts given by the man must be in an even number.
- Request date: the man asks the fortune-teller to choose a date, and after the auspicious date of marriage is determined, he will send someone to inform the female family and solicit the opinions of the female family. “.
- Welcoming in person: The last procedure of the six ceremonies, that is, the bridegroom goes to the woman’s house to meet the bride in a limo. “Personal welcome” has two meanings: the man personally greets his mother at the woman’s house, showing respect for the woman; showing the man’s strong desire to live in the husband. Another reason is that the woman who becomes the man’s family after the wedding ceremony must be the same, even if the husband dies before he goes out.
Read more: Wedding Planners in Jaipur