Ctrlr vst within Maschine

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Ctrlr vst within Maschine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    daswans
    Participant
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 4
      • Total: 7

Hello, I’m a newb to Ctrlr and have spent a few solid days wrapping my head around what info i can find here and on other forums and slowly getting an idea how it works. I have begun to create a panel for my Novation X-Station in hopes of controlling the synth from my Maschine Studio knobs. I have made some CC’s and NRPM knobs work in standalone just fine (much thanks to those who have posted on this forum) but i have run into problems when hosting within Maschine- I am using it in standalone.

So my problem is this- I can move a synth knob and it syncs with my learned Maschine knob, as well as my Ctrlr knob. I can move a knob in Ctrlr and it moves the Maschine knob and i hear the effect on my synth. BUT when i move the Machine knob nothing happens.

I feel like i have tried every possible combination of midi-through option, tried using a midi port not in use by Maschine, but no luck. I’m also making sure I’m not in edit mode, ect.

I have also experimented with opening up a band new Ctrlr instance and making a simple knob- Maschine automatically maps the knob and it moves the new Ctrlr knob no problem. I assign the knob a CC and assign the corresponding output then I move the knob on maschine (Crtlr knob moves as well) but hear no effect on the synth.

So I guess I’m somehow hitting some sort of midi wall somewhere…. Hopefully just missing something simple? I will also mention i am on a Mac.

I was happy to just now find the Step-By-Step manual posted by another user which i browsed trough hoping to find any info on this, but didn’t seem to find anything related. Tt would be great if there was a manual explaining exactly what all of the options do….

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

Have you tried to add the Maschine in Ctrlr by using Midi menu “Controller” instead of “Input”? Maybe use another midi port for the Maschine.

daswans
        Participant
          • Topics: 3
          • Replies: 4
          • Total: 7

Hi Possemo! Thanks for the reply, I have used many of your previous posts to steer me in the right direction, you help is very much appreciated!

I have continued to experiment and i have found that if i copy/paste the knob while the panel vst is loaded up in a Maschine sound slot it now works. Not sure if i mentioned in the previous post i initially built the panel in standalone. Any new controls i make are now getting linked to Maschine knobs correctly. I did also find that I needed to check that all VST Index numbers needed to be unique, a bunch were duplicated.

I also worked backward and disabled all my midi in/out/through ect.to find exactly what I needed selected and found all I needed was to have my midi out sending to my synth in with the appropriate channel. It does also happen to be the same midi output Maschine sends and receives (in my case i have my synth set up to send/receive ch15). Also found i don’t need anything else checked in the Plug-In options, no Midi through either. Guessing this has more to do with Maschine’s handling of midi.

I now have bi-directional communication to and from the synth. Hardware Synth knob changes adjust Maschine knobs and Ctrlr, and vice-versa. Also tested recording modulation and works fine. Super happy about that! I have even tried loading up my preset fresh in another new project and everything is still all good.

-Also I will mention each knob also needs to be set to the synths receiving channel (ch15 for my setup) Ch1 was working fine for standard cc’s but NRPMs definitely needed to individually be sent to ch 15.
          -And I’ll mention I am using the X-Station’s USB Midi driver for both Maschine’s Midi In/Out to the synth as well as for the Ctrlr Vst Midi Out.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by daswans.
          • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by daswans.
          ctrlrNoob0xFF
          Participant
            • Topics: 0
            • Replies: 1
            • Total: 1

Hi!

I’m having similar issues (Mac 10.7).

I’m running maschine 2, with ctrlr in one of the instrument slots, with a patch I found for Novation circuit.
            (Found here):

Novation Circuit Editor

When inside ctrlr I hit ‘learn’ on the macros inside maschine for that channel. When I move a macro inside of ctrlr it picks up in maschine no problem. However, if I move the macro it doesn’t run back to ctrlr.

I’ve tried all sorts, but with no luck. This includes:

– Switching virtual midi on and off inside maschine (prefs and inside the automation / pages area).
            – Changing / Switching on or off midi channels inside ctrlr.
            – Selecting only controller or input as source.
            – Selecting virtual output as maschine and then tallying this with the input inside pages inside maschine, also, switching on or off midi input inside maschine.
            – Changing all combinations inside midi thru.
            – Loads of other stuff.

I’m aiming to record out changes of automation from Maschine so that they change circuit, but also so that I can record changes back in so that I may edit them and record them back to maschine. That way I can tidy up and create stems that will then later be mixed down etc.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I’m hoping you guys can help me out with this please?

All the best.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 115 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr