getting started with Ctrlr + Lua

Home Forums General Programming getting started with Ctrlr + Lua

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    m.tarenskeen
    Participant
      • Topics: 30
      • Replies: 113
      • Total: 143
      • ★★

Hi,

The “getting started” documentation does a good job, but it is exactly what it says it is, and not more.

But for the things I want to do I will need to learn the Lua language (seems doable for me at first sight, having some experience with other languages), and I need to know how to use Lua in Ctrlr projects. The “getting started” document only says something like “sooner or later you will need Lua scripts” but stops there.

How do I get beyond “getting started”?
      I believe that a “getting started part 2” and/or a complete “Reference Manual” would drastically stimulate the community to help with development of new Panels and support for more devices!

I know that every developer loves developing new stuff, but hates writing good documentation. Sorry, but it is a job that has to be done by someone who really understands the ins and outs of Ctrlr.

Documentation please, please, please!

reklamchef
      Participant
        • Topics: 18
        • Replies: 40
        • Total: 58

+1

for a text in the help section of the main program. this text/guide can start with the simple words “coming soon, a guide about ctrlr” for now.

wikter
        Participant
          • Topics: 5
          • Replies: 49
          • Total: 54

Look for documentation outside this site. LUA is extended and explained in other webpages. It is not Ctrlr exclusive.

MVXSynths
          R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

m.tarenskeen
          Participant
            • Topics: 30
            • Replies: 113
            • Total: 143
            • ★★

Learning Lua is not the main problem and not the topic of my subject.
            How to use it in Ctrlr is.

atom
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 159
              • Replies: 2945
              • Total: 3104
              • ★★★★★

I wish i had time to write all theese docs for you really i do and i hope that i will at some point.

For now i can only point you to the DEMO panels to see how they work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 94 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr