How to install VST version on 10.9.2?

Home Forums Platform Specific OSX How to install VST version on 10.9.2?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kenp
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 4

When I run ctrlr as a vst plug-in in Ableton all of the menu options are greyed out. All I can do is close it. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

It sounds like you’ve installed the VST properly otherwise you wouldn’t be able to load it in a track – you just put the ctrlr.vst in your user’s ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST folder.

The greyed out menus sounds like the window focus issue. You simply need to click somewhere in the panel’s interface then go back to the menu.

oh by the way since you mention you’re on 10.9.2 you may be asking next “how do I find my users’s Library folder?” Apple in their infinite wisdom has deemed their users too dense to be trusted with the user Library folder (but not the system library folder – GO FIGURE) There are a number of ways to show the user’s Library folder:

In 10.9.x, alt tab to finder, then hold cmd and go to the “go” menu. “Library” will now be an option.

In anything past 10.7x go to finder’s “go” menu (or hit “cmd+shift+g”) and type in the field: ~/Library/ – the “~” designates your user’s home folder.

If you’re not an idiot like Apple assumes you can permanently keep your user’s home folder visible in finder by typing the following in terminal as a root user (or sudo): chflags nohidden ~/Library/

If you want to hide it again change “nohidden” to “hidden”.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘OSX’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 60 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr