Mouge Voyeur Panel weirdness since 5.2.120 (OSX) [improved with 5.2.139 but …]

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Mouge Voyeur Panel weirdness since 5.2.120 (OSX) [improved with 5.2.139 but …]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jasefos
    Participant
      • Topics: 13
      • Replies: 76
      • Total: 89

Hi CTRLR Freaks,

Since upgrading to the latest nightly for CTRLR on OSX (ver 5.2.120) running VST versions within Ableton Live 9.1.4 I’ve found the Mouge Voyeur panel has some weirdness.

#1 The “logo” no longer appears at the bottom of the GUI
      #2 It’s no longer possible to take Snapshots (option is greyed out in CTRLR).

Anyone else experience this?
      What could have caused those behaviours?

Cheers

JaseFOS

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by jasefos.
      • This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by jasefos. Reason: Change of behaviour since 5.2.139

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
      --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
      --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
      --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

jasefos
      Participant

… and noticed another thing

After using the Export -> Save Instance function to create a new VST plugin, the panel Modulators no longer will send MIDI data to the Voyager … this issue doesn’t appear to be related to MIDI Channel settings since when using the VST plugin version exported version the MIDI activity indicators on my M Audio MIDIsport 2×2 no longer flash in response to tweaking the Modulators on the Panel (they were flashing with CTRLR 5.2.120 with the Panel loaded directly).

Also I should note that issue doesn’t happen for my MKS80 panel (created originally using CTRLR nightly versions from around Feb 2014) … Perhaps the Mouge Voyeur Panel was originally created in a much older version of CTRLR? []

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by jasefos.

--> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

So i fixed the missing logo issue (it was actually a bigger font issue) and the snapshot menu issue. I’ll post some nightlies asap and it should work (the panel itself is ok)

As for the device when exported, are you sure you chose the correct MIDI device after the plugin has loaded? Can you try changing it to None and selecting the port again to see if it opens ok.

jasefos
          Participant

Thanks for reading this report Atom.
            ; )

So i fixed the missing logo issue (it was actually a bigger font issue) and the snapshot menu issue. I’ll post some nightlies asap and it should work (the panel itself is ok)

Good to know the Panels won’t need repairing … Keen to check out a new nightly as soon as you have it ready to upload (only just got the Voyager so having working Snapshots again would be great).

As for the device when exported, are you sure you chose the correct MIDI device after the plugin has loaded? Can you try changing it to None and selecting the port again to see if it opens ok.

I’m sure I did however I’ll test again as you’ve directed and report back.

p.s. Atom, just a heads up that I’ve written a feature article about CTRLR for the forthcoming edition of Audio Technology Magazine (an Australian mag) in the spirit of expanding awareness of its usefulness and hopefully to see further growth of the community of Panel builders here. I’ll scan and post it to the forum once it is released.

p.p.s. CTRLR has been a total revolution in my studio – I can’t thank you enough (and the other devs) for empowering people like me with the ability to build our own Panels from scratch!

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

I’ll test the MIDI OUT stuff today, i have some studio mess right now and no real MIDI debugging capabilities, but i’ll cook something up to test if the latest Ctrlr is MIDI OK.

jasefos
              Participant

Hi Atom,

I noticed 5.2.139 was released for OSX.

Just reporting back that the following issues for this panel are now fixed:
                – Snapshots are now working as they were before
                – All Modulators are now sending data to the Moog Voyager
                – Mouge Voyeur logo appears at the bottom of the plugin (i.e. font issue fixed)

Many thanks for releasing this update!

jasefos
                Participant

A further addendum … still having a problem (hopefully Atom can help).

1) I use the Export Instance function to create a VST plugin version using 5.2.139 then closed Live. I have then hidden CTRLR.vst from Ableton (by Zipping the . VST file and deleting the the .VST file) and re-launched Ableton.

2) The Mogue Voyuer.VST plugin appears available in Live (great). I launch it into a track, set the MIDI input and output Ports and Channels correctly. Tweaking Modulators sees the MIDI activity light flash on the Voyager (great).

3) Now I add a External Audio Effect Ableton object after the Mogue Voyeur plugin to bring the audio back into Ableton and configure the input. I get sound (great). I then select both inserts in the track and use Ableton’s Group function to create an instrument rack and then drag this into my Ableton user Library so I can recall this setup easily as a user preset.

4) I then close Live and relaunch it.

5) Now I attempt to drag the instrument rack user preset I created above. MIDI notes get to the Voyager however when I tweak the Modulators in the panel the MIDI data is not received by the Voyager.

6) In the panel MIDI settings I change the MIDI Output channel to something different (i.e. Channel 1) and then set it to the correct MIDI channel (i.e. Channel 8) – now it works.

What could be causing this behaviour?
                  Ideally, I want to easily pick my hardware synth and have channel/port settings recalled by simply loading the Instrument Rack preset and have it immediately ready to play and tweak without having to reselect the MIDI Output channel.

Hopefully this issue can be remedied in a future nightly build (OSX).

cheers
                  JaseFOS

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

I’ll have a look

jasefos
                    Participant

Many thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                    There is currently 0 users and 86 guests online
                    No users are currently active
                    Forum Statistics
                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                    Ctrlr