New to the whole game

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr New to the whole game

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    theShiZa
    Participant
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 7
      • Total: 10

Hi all.

Is there a way to make the text/font size bigger for the actual Ctrlr program itself ??
      I’m suffering on my 55″ screen & 1080 res & really don’t want to switch between resolutions all the time.

Is it ok to ask numerous dumb pain in the ass questions here regarding Ctrlr ofcourse?? Because when I read around the forums here I feel really dumb to tell you the truth & a bit hesitant to ask questions that you’ll probably laugh at, no hang on, you will laugh at.

But I really want to at least give learning this Ctrlr & MIDI stuff a good go. I know, a have a dumb long way to go. I’m amazed at how all this stuff works & the possibilities, it’s my new love. I’m pretty familiar with MIDI & normal CC’s but recently discovered the world of SysEx to change effects, settings or parameters that aren’t available in the units interface but kind of hidden through SysEx (obviously most of you have known for YEARS) which is very F’ing interesting stuff.

Thanx for your time,
      Ash.

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

Hi,
        there are many ways of changing fonts but as far as I know you cannot change the font of the parameter bar at the right side (when switching to Panel mode). But I never had a problem reading it with my hires screen. It is a pretty big font, must be 16 point or so.

theShiZa
        Participant

Hi Possemo thanks for your reply.

hmm ok yea well I am talking about the parameter bar. it’s sooo small the text but badluck I guess I’ll have to change res when I use it.

Cheers,
          Ash.

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

there was an option to skin the interface once, but noone used it and it was just a bulk of code that i didn’t need, so i removed it. since i’m doing some work now on Ctrlr i can maybe add some “BASE” font size that will be an initial value of all fonts (smaller/larger then this value). But that’s all i can promise.

theShiZa
            Participant

Hey it’s Atom the man himself! I’ve been reading your Getting started guide, very nice.

I wouldn’t want you to go out of your way if I’m the only 1 asking about font size, but it would be a really nice bonus because my 55″ plasma ofcourse sits about 2 & half metres away & with 1080 res it really is straining, especially the Parameter Bar & Midi Monitoring.

Thanks for your reply Atom,
              Ash.

theShiZa
              Participant

I’m such an idiot Atom, when I first downloaded Ctrlr from the downloads section, I automatically assumed the latest versions were at the top of the list & older versions down so I originally installed 5.2 lol but all good I’ve now installed the latest 5.4 cheers.

After I installed your 5.4.2 version, when I load Ctrlr & I click on Help–About, it says Version 5.3.201, is this normal ? Coz I was expecting to just see 5.4.2.

Thanx,
                Ash.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by theShiZa.
                Possemo
                Participant
                  • Topics: 14
                  • Replies: 638
                  • Total: 652
                  • ★★★

v5.3.201 is normal. The version text has not been updated but it is v5.4.2.

About changing the font size: maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea as 4k/UHD screens are getting common.

theShiZa
                  Participant

Ok thanks Sir Possemo yea got confused with the Version text.

Atom did you see that ? There’s 2 of us now requesting font size change now lol! I’m no longer a 1 man army.

Cheers,
                    Ash.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 86 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr