Panel size inconsistency

Home Forums Development Other stuff Panel size inconsistency

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    m.tarenskeen
    Participant
      • Topics: 30
      • Replies: 113
      • Total: 143
      • ★★

Hi,

I think this is an old and known issue but it keeps annoying me.

1. I create a panel
      2. I export the panel and save as *.bpanelz
      3. I close the panel and/or the program.
      4. I load the panel in Ctrlr again.
      –> The lower border of the panel has shifted up, and part of my panel has become invisible and unusable.
      5. I have to switch to panel-edit mode to restore the lower border of my panel.

The strange thing is sometimes the issue is worse than other times and I don’t know why.
      Also the issue is annoying for other people who just want to download and use my panel without having to fix things.
      And I think the issue is worse when I export from my Linux computer and load the panel in my Windows computer.

Anyone having similar experiences and/or fixes and/or workarounds and/or other suggestions to make life easier?

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

when you export a panel it will cut 24 pixels. When you export it again you will loose 48 pixels etc..
        I am working with .panel files when developing a panel (just save not export). You won’t have the problem with .panel files. Then when you export the panel add 24 pixels to the height. Endusers probably won’t export a panel so they won’t have to deal with that.

Best format for an enduser would be the restricted instance. He won’t be able to break things by messing around in e.g. the lua-editor. For people who would like to look into the code you can still provide a .bpanelz file. Alas on Linux you cannot export instances.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Possemo.
        m.tarenskeen
        Participant
          • Topics: 30
          • Replies: 113
          • Total: 143
          • ★★

Thanks, good to know this workaround. Still, it’s an annoying bug that’s probably not difficult to fix.

The real problem is that Ctrlr is a complex softwareproject that for most part is developed and maintained by one single developer. We can’t thank him enough for that! But it would be good if he could get some help from other developers to find and fix bugs, maintain compatibility with everchanging libraries (JUCE, Lua, C++) and/or improve things and add new features.

Possemo
          Participant
            • Topics: 14
            • Replies: 638
            • Total: 652
            • ★★★

yea it is terribly annoying :-{. As the github repository is down now it is not very likely that someone will be able to help atom. I think that the final state of Ctrlr has been reached – we probably have to live with this bag full of bugs :-). But Roman will always be the goodfather of Ctrlr and we can’t thank him enough for all the work he put into Ctrlr.

goodweather
            Participant
              • Topics: 45
              • Replies: 550
              • Total: 595
              • ★★★

Thx for this tip Possemo! I’ll add it to the guide v2.
              I want just to provide a panel to people as Restricted instance and saw the cut of the bottom part.
              So now I have a simple solution for that.

What’s also weird is that all my buttons are not functioning in the exported .exe
              I tried in 5.3.201 (the one I’m using all the time – I think it is the one with less bugs), 5.4.24, 5.4.52 but no success. Any clue on that one?
              I will also check with dasfaker as he made his Virus panel working fine.

goodweather
              Participant
                • Topics: 45
                • Replies: 550
                • Total: 595
                • ★★★

Strange, they are working now…
                Adding 24 pixels in vertical canvas size works perfect!
                Using 5.3.201 gives nicer look, nicer icon and no issue in code (I saw that the envelopes anchors are not drawn at their good positions – didn’t look yet why).
                So, no trust in newer versions in fact…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              There is currently 0 users and 119 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr