Home Forums General Programming Program Change verus Sysex

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by lfo2vco lfo2vco 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lfo2vco
    lfo2vco
    Participant

OK, back on the project after a forced break (my wife was very ill in hospital, she’s much better now).

How do I get a Lua method that sends a Sysex message thus:

pg = CtrlrMidiMessage({0xF0, 0x7F, 0x7F, 0x60, 0x01, 0x00, 0xb0, 0xc0, 0x00, 0xF7})
    panel:sendMidiMessageNow(pg)

To replicate a uiSlider modulator that sends a Program Change? I can see in MIDI Monitor the first is sent as:
    [07:36:46:000187]: [System exclusive] RAW:[f0 7f 7f 7f 60 01 00 b0 c0 00 f7]
    and the second is sent as:
    [07:16:54:000025]: [Program change] RAW:[c0 00]

In the SourceForge classes web page under LMidiMessage.cpp I can see “isProgramChange” listed. Can I apply this to the CtrlrMidiMessage above and if so how? I guess the next question is why does the MIDI Monitor only show two bytes being sent as a Program Change?

atom
    atom

Program change is 2 bytes: http://home.roadrunner.com/~jgglatt/tech/midispec/pgm.htm

The sysEx looks exactly what it should look like.
    To send program change send just the tow bytes no need for any SysEx.

lfo2vco
    lfo2vco
    Participant

Cheers for the fast response Atom.

Before posting the question on the forum one of the messages I tried was:
    pg = CtrlrMidiMessage({0xc0, 0×00})
    panel:sendMidiMessageNow(pg)

Which I take to be correct from your reply. However this caused the synth to start sending continuous streams of data, even when switched off and on again. I could only stop it when I quit Ctrlr!

I guess that there is something I missed off the message or method. I’ll dig around a bit : )

lfo2vco
    lfo2vco
    Participant

Haha, I am an idiot!

I had the synth selected in MIDI Input, Controller & Output, thus was creating a right royal MIDI loop… so now all seems sorted.

So I now have:

if ret == 1 then
    	msb = 0xc0
    	lsb = 0x00
    elseif ret == 2 then
    	msb = 0xc0
    	lsb = 0x01
    end

msb_lsb = CtrlrMidiMessage({msb, lsb})
    panel:sendMidiMessageNow(msb_lsb)

DumpRequest = CtrlrMidiMessage({0xF0, 0x7F, 0x7F, 0x7F, 0x60, 0x01, 0x00, 0x03, 0xF7})
    panel:sendMidiMessageNow(DumpRequest)
    end

This is part of the Popup Menu panel I am working on.
    http://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/popup-menu-experiment
    I will put an attachment of the finished panel over there, it might help someone else try to do something similar.

Cheers again Atom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.