Roland MKS80 Panel – posted to Downloads

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Roland MKS80 Panel – posted to Downloads

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jasefos
    Participant
      • Topics: 13
      • Replies: 76
      • Total: 89
      • ā˜…

Howdy CTRLR Crew,

Just thought I’d let you know I’ve posted a MKS80 Panel to the downloads area.

Early days for it and other enhancements coming (bulk SysEx dumps and Librarian tools hopefully) as my skills with CTRLR and LUA evolve. I don’t know quite where to start but I will get there! So far you can tweak the shit out of the MKS80 and do Snapshots for Patch storage within DAW projects.

Roland MKS-80 Editor (MPG-80 Emulation) mk1

Next I hope to be developing panels for some other synths in my collection for which Panels do not exist yet:

– Electribe EMX1
      – Kawai K5000s (quite a challenge!)
      – Ensoniq FIZMO
      – Ensoniq DP4
      – Korg 05RW (for a laugh!)
      – Yamaha AN1X (I can’t get the deprecated panel to work but I will study the existing one in the downloads area).

Cheers

JaseFOS

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
      --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
      --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
      --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

layzer
      Participant
        • Topics: 6
        • Replies: 36
        • Total: 42
        • ā˜…

cool jase, im working on integrating photorealistic knobs and sliders for your panel now. should be done by tomorrow šŸ™‚

jasefos
        Participant
          • ā˜…

Layzer – you absolutely rock!

Many thanks! I’ll have to search out this Knob Man tool. I tried watching your video on building the PG300 however it seems the resolution was a little too low to see precisely what’s happening however I get the idea however (clever piece of software).

Just a heads up – I accidentally stretched the dimensions of the background image with a mousing stuff up when I loaded it into the Panel as a background image. It’s true dimensions should be 1000 x 406 pixels. It’s making it look a little weird and degrades the quality of the image with that stretching. I figure it is functional at the moment (and I was dying to have a tweak and make some music) and I will fix that later since all the Modulators will need to be rescaled and repositioned to the proper dimensions.

In the days ahead I’m considering releasing a new version which edits both Tone Upper and Lower simultaneously (which is going to be awesome for making big fat Dual mode sounds). This will mean I’ll have to scale the GUI down a fair amount to avoid it taking too much screen realestate.

I’m thinking of moving the “global” Patch settings from the bottom strip of parameters to the top (Globals make more sense to me at the top!). Then I’ll be moving all parameters for Tone upper so they run in a single long horizontal strip with Tone Lower appearing in a long strip below it. In order to accomodate that (so it will fit on people’s monitors OK). The Photoshop master file I’m using is much higher resolution than the PNG I export to accommodate bigger displays (e.g. Retina)

Although this will be breaking away from the traditional layout of the MPG-80 I think it will be more intuitive and easier to compare parameters between Upper and Lower tones while editing.

Cheers

JaseFOS

--> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

layzer
          Participant
            • Topics: 6
            • Replies: 36
            • Total: 42
            • ā˜…

ok here is your panel with the knobman rendered knobs and sliders, enjoy šŸ™‚

mks-80 programmer

of course this means i’m going to have to aquire an mks-80 now. lol

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by layzer.
            Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            jasefos
            Participant
              • ā˜…

Wow! Screenshot looks *superb* Layzer – many thanks! Downloading and getting ready to tweak right now.

CHEERS!

J

dnbpsy
              Participant
                • Topics: 1
                • Replies: 5
                • Total: 6
                • ā˜…

Hey guys!

I was very excited to hear about the panel for the mks-80 would be out soon. But there are no news since the alpha version was released on February 26. Will there be a final version?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by dnbpsy.
                jasefos
                Participant
                  • ā˜…

Hey guys!

I was very excited to hear about the panel for the mks-80 would be out soon. But there are no news since the alpha version was released on February 26. Will there be a final version?

Hi dnbpsy,

Glad you’re interested in the MKS80 panel. It may be labelled as an alpha version however it is actually fully functional (the latest version being available within the Panel download area on this site) – thus development has slowed since I’ve been having too much fun making use of it!

My current development phase is to implement simultaneous editing of both the Upper and Lower tones simultaneously as the existing version targets the Upper tone only. Actually behind the scenes I have completed making the new background GUI to accommodate this (I had to rescale graphics to make it fit sensibly!). I’m just finishing resizing the Knob and Switch graphics to fit the new GUI and then I’ll upload it.

Long term, I will be implementing some LUA methods to do bulk parameter dumps back and forth from the unit.

For the moment however, if you’re the kind of guy that loves making new patches from scratch for each new tune (that’s me!) it works perfectly as a one-way editor and will allow making Snapshots and spitting them at the MKS80.

Download it and take it for a spin!

Cheers

JaseFOS

jasefos
                  Participant
                    • ā˜…

ok here is your panel with the knobman rendered knobs and sliders, enjoy :)

mks-80 programmer

of course this means iā€™m going to have to aquire an mks-80 now. lol

Howdy Layzer,

I actually have the new background graphic completed for the version which gives both Upper and Lower tone editing however this required resizing of the whole GUI and thus subsequently those great looking knobs/switches you made for me in Knobman no longer fit.

Any chance you could either send me the source Knobman files you made for me originally? I’m having difficulty replicating those nice alpha-blended drop shadows to look as good as the ones you did. šŸ™‚

Otherwise, if you have a little time to spare and I’ll send over the latest version panel file and maybe you could work your magic again on my behalf?

Cheers
                    JaseFOS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 80 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr