Segmented CC control?

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Segmented CC control?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    explodingPSYCH
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 3

I’m working on a panel to control the SH1oh1 mod. Some of the controls are one CC value, but different ranges of that CC make a different value.

For example:

Here’s a picture of a hardware controller’s setup. Note the “velocity mapping” control. (CC34)

http://www.stereoping.com/pix_static/SC_faceplates_Tubbutec_SH1oh1.jpg

CC 34 is the destination for the Velocity modulation source.

On that control change, value 0-13 has the volocity mapped to “none”, 14-27 to Cutoff and so on up to 127. There’s a total of 9 destinations spread out over the CC.

What would my options be for creating a control that will give me feedback on where my control is. I thought a pull down menu would be perfect, but I have no idea how to set it up so that each line of the “combo contents” is assigned to a specific value (or value range) of one CC.

If you’re interested, here’s the manual for the sh1oh1 mod. Page 21 has the CC chart and value ranges for the segmented CCs.

https://tubbutec.de/files/SH-1oh1_User_Manual.pdf

Thanks.

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

I would make a slider for each control, e.g. cutoff: minvalue 14, maxvalue 27 etc..

explodingPSYCH
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 2
          • Total: 3

I would make a slider for each control, e.g. cutoff: minvalue 14, maxvalue 27 etc..

Interesting idea. Just to clarify: I would only need one value, so for cut off, setting the CC to 14 turns the cutoff “on”. The amount of modulations is actually controlled by another CC, so the range is arbitrary and any value in that range does the same thing.

Possemo
          Participant
            • Topics: 14
            • Replies: 638
            • Total: 652
            • ★★★

Ah I see now, I did’t understood. Best way would be making a Lua script. Make a slider with value range from 0 to 8 (for the 9 destinations). The script would look like this:

myNewMethod = function(mod, value, source)

if value == 0 then
            		"send CC value 0"
            	elseif value == 1 then
            		"send CC value 14"
            	elseif... etc...

end

end

Btw. make a uiFixedSlider. This way you can give names for the 9 destinations, like “OFF”, “CUTOFF”… etc.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Possemo.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 120 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr