Some Parameters not Automatable?

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Some Parameters not Automatable?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    upeter
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 14
      • Total: 15

Hi,
      I use ctrlr for three different Roland Synts. For the MKS-70, MKS-50 and JX3P with Kiwi upgrade. I love all the three panels.
      Recently I discovered that on the JX3P panel I can not automate certain parameters in my DAW (Ableton live). In Ableton you can click a mapping button and the move the parameter you want to automate to add it to the list of automatable parameters. For some parameters this works. But for example for the filter cut off i doesn’t. The I checked all parameters of the MKS-70 panel and discovered that non of the parameters for patch A works.
      For the MKS-50 however, all the parameters can be automated.

Is this issue known? Is it a bug in the panels or in ctrlr itself? Is there an easy fix? Is it only for ableton or also for other DAWs?

upeter
      Participant

Am I the only one who has observed this?
        Can somebody please comment whether this also happens in other DAWs or whether it is an ableton only problem?

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

If there are some parameters of a panel that do not appear in the Hosts parameter list, this is an issue with the panel itself, you should contact the panel’s author and ask them for help. Although it’s possible it is a bug in Ctrlr itself, it’s highly unlikely.

opuswerk
          Participant
            • Topics: 7
            • Replies: 102
            • Total: 109
            • ★★

The Mks70 is known to have an issue with Tone B and sysex.

The only way to solve this is to update it to the latest OS made by Vecoven. All infos about it can be found here: http://www.vecoven.com/superjx/superjx.html

The panel is working as expected when used with this OS. IE it allows to edit both Tones independently.

http://opuswerk.tumblr.com
            www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
            www.facebook.com/opuswerk

upeter
            Participant

@opuswerk: This is not the problem I’m having. The problem I’m having is purely in ctrlr. It does not concern the MKs-70. Some of the parameters in the panel are not listed as automatable parameters in ableton live. This means that I can not draw automations in Ableton.

Since this seems to be a problem in several panels and since some of the panels authors (for example kiwi 3p) are not using the panel in a DAW and are therefore not able to help, I assume that this is a more general problem.
              There is probably a mistake which people often make when designing a panel? I think it would be nice to find the cause of this issue.

dasfaker
              Keymaster
                • Topics: 80
                • Replies: 793
                • Total: 873
                • ★★★

Could be related to Ctrlr.overrides issue. Search in the form, this has been addressed several times.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 140 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr