VST export "remember" MIDI Thru & Plugin Options

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr VST export "remember" MIDI Thru & Plugin Options

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

I was hoping that if I select all necessary settings for the plugin to work from within ctrlr loaded as a VST that the exported VST instances would retain these settings, but they don’t.

Is there any way to hard code the VST so these following settings are selected by default without needing to tick them every time you load the VST?

“Plugin host –> output device”
      “Input from plugin host”
      “Output to plugin host”

These all need to be ticked in order for the plugin to work, why not have them selected by default?

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Not at export no, the fact that those settings are re-set at export is something i intended.

The idea is that once you set them they get saved with the project, though this is a bug i fixed in the latest sources. The latest nightly will have a fix, you should not set any defaults at export time, none of theese settings are a good default idea. But they need to be saved across project loads.

msepsis
        Participant
          • ★★★

Not at export no, the fact that those settings are re-set at export is something i intended.

The idea is that once you set them they get saved with the project, though this is a bug i fixed in the latest sources. The latest nightly will have a fix, you should not set any defaults at export time, none of theese settings are a good default idea. But they need to be saved across project loads.

hey Atom.. forgive me but I’m not following the logic.
          If said settings are *required* for the MIDI info to be passed correctly in order to make the VST communicate to/from the synth then how/why are “none of these settings a good default idea”??

What I want is for users to be able to load the VST into their DAW and have ALL the MIDI thru and plugin options set so they don’t need to configure these options every time they load the vst.

IN the meantime I have just recommended to users they set up the VST “MIDI Thru” and “Plugin Options” under the midi menu to the correct settings then save the project as a template to pull up later.

I’m interested to know why the required settings in order to make the vst work are not a “good default idea”.. doesn’t compute.

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

Those settings will be saved (if they’re not i will fix it) in a per-project basis. Once you set them in the project they should stay like that with every project load.

Setting any of those options as default when loading the VST plugin in the project for the first time is a bad idea, passing unwanted MIDI can cause loops or hangs in some configurations so it must be left to the user to set them per-project, those options can change in every project depending on what hardware you are using and how you are routing MIDI.

msepsis
            Participant
              • ★★★

a perfect explanation. Thank you atom!

vojd
              Participant
                • Topics: 0
                • Replies: 1
                • Total: 1

It does not work for me – these settings do not get saved when I save the project with any of the panels I tried.Same thing for the zoom settings.
                I am using the latest build (1655) , windows 8 64 bit, running the host as admin. Can you at least point me to what should I look for that is not right?

jasefos
                Participant
                  • Topics: 13
                  • Replies: 76
                  • Total: 89

I’m having a similar issue with the Oberheim Matrix 1000 Panel by roman Kubiak version 0.2 on MacOSX 10.8.5 with Live 9.1.1 (CTRLR build 1655).

MIDI Channels for Input and Output are preserved however MIDI port settings are not – it would be great if these could be recalled properly so I can forget about the mechanics of routing after I have established these settings.

Cheers

JaseFOS (newbie!)

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
                  --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
                  --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
                  --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

t2k
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 1
                    • Replies: 4
                    • Total: 5

I have a panel that loads inside of an ableton session and feeds midi output to some of the tracks but every time I open the session, in order for this to work, I have to open the ctrlr plugin and click “MIDI -> Output to Plugin Host”

Any chance this can be fixed?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 67 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr