VST Full screen woes

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr VST Full screen woes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

On OS X, when loading an exported vst instance into (any) daw (that i’ve tested) the kb shortcut to go full screen (F1) does not work.. F11 will send the DAW to full screen with the VST window on top. I’m familiar with hearing that reported and recall it was a window focus issue – is there any fix or possible solution to that? If it’s not possible to utilize the stock ctrlr shortcuts when running as a VST is it possible to *remove* the menu entry under EDIT>KB MAPPINGS to temper user expectations?

If instead I just go to View>Fullscreen I get the VST’s interface full screen behind a duplicate window of the same VST.. the duplicate window is unusable while the full screen GUI behind the window is fully interactive. Closing the unusable non-full-screen floating window will then ALSO close the full screen GUI behind the floating window. chaos ensues.

On Windows:

Same deal with the KB mappings – would love to see the kb mappings menu entry go away if they don’t work in vst mode.

Additionally, I have one beta tester of my upcoming blofeld editor reporting that after going full screen with the VST window by clicking VIEW>FULLSCREEN, then returning to normal view /non full screen the entire GUI vanishes and is just an empty grey/black VST window (see attached screenshot he sent)

Here are the system specs for the two machines he’s seeing this on
      (both are running Windows 7 64 bit SP1 and he can reproduce this in Ableton Live 9.0.5, Reaper 4.54 and Cubase SL3)

Driver GPU and version is Intel HD Graphics 4000 of my Ivy Bridge based notebook, driver version is 8.933.3.4000, Screen refresh rate is 60Hz, Color depth is 32bit

The other computer has a passive ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series card with 512 MM DDR2-RAM, driver version is 8.01.01.1081 (rather old but very stable and NO faults anywhere else). Screen resolution is 1680 x 1050 with 32bit color depth

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

The best idea i have for this is to remove that feature. I know it will cause problems in plugin mode ALWAYS, so the best idea would be do get rid of that.

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★

I agree – fuck full screen. Users can just drag the corners or use the OS’s “maximize window” button. easy solution 🙂

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 110 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr