OB Matrix1000 1.16 OS Problem

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros OB Matrix1000 1.16 OS Problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mosen
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 13
      • Total: 15

Hi
      i just ran into problems with a new installed 1.16 OS in my Oberheim Matrix 1000 and the CTRLR Panel from this thread.

Oberheim matrix 1000 Proposal

After installing the OS i experience system freezings on patch change from the editor. also i got “lost notes” – on some patches some keys do not work anymore OR give me hi sizzly sound. I researched a bit and read about dead voice chips could cause this behavior. BUT after going back to 1.11 OS, everything works normal. Patch changes from the editor, no lost notes. everything perfect but with the usual stepped parameters and hangs on Modulationmatrix changes…..
      I did the calibration procedure on 1.16 OS but i does not help

So..the seller of the Os says if the OS chip was broken, the system would not start. so the chip is not to blame. It has something to do with the CTRLR Panel and the 1.16 OS of the Matrix.

PLease, anyone with this combination of the panel and 1.16 OS can help out?
      THX!

iceleben
      Participant
        • Topics: 7
        • Total: 20

I have 2 Matrix with 1.16 but havnt tried the Ctrlr panel yet. Will do it on Sunday/Monday
        Cheers,
        Markus

mosen
        Participant

Would be interested in your experience.

BTW. what Editor do you use at the Moment?
          WIN/MAC?

(i`m Win only)

Possemo
          Participant
            • Topics: 14
            • Replies: 638
            • Total: 652
            • ★★★

Hi Mosen. I’ve found a bug in panel v0.4. The bug is fixed in v0.5 so try that one. It is the DCO Balance that has a wrong value range (from 0 to 127 instead of 0 to 63). This could eventually produce strange things.

mosen
            Participant

where do i find 05 beta?

Possemo
              Participant
                • ★★★

I found it in the other thread: http://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/question-about-oberheim-matrix1000-panel/ look on a post from lfo2vco.

Possemo
                Participant
                  • ★★★

Hi mosen, does the v0.5 beta makes any difference? I’ve seen now that NRPNs are fixed in firmware v1.20. I don’t know if they are fixed in GliGli’s v1.16 too. I am working on a Matrix1000 panel that will use NRPN instead of Sysex. In general this is the better way for sending parameter changes to the synth.

Edit: I just read that NRPN won’t make any difference, but I will test it myself. I made the first tests with firmware v1.20 and I am excited. It works great so far. On some parameters if you move too fast and too much there will be some hanging notes that you can get rid of by changing patch, that’s all. No crash so far, and I tried quite hard.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Possemo.
                  • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Possemo.
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                There is currently 0 users and 96 guests online
                No users are currently active
                Forum Statistics
                Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                Ctrlr