774 bug, please update

Home Forums General News and releases 774 bug, please update

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

I made a mistake i tried to make the strings safe, and removed all non-printable characters from them, but i forgot to exclude new-lines and tabs. This will break properties in combos, fixed sliders etc (anywhere new-lines are used as separators). I’m doing a bug fix update right now. Please download the next build asap.

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

There is a problem with modulators that send sysex.

All of them send F0 00 F7 instead of the message assigned to each one. Selecting None and later Sysex as Midi Message Type solves the problem, but after saving and opening the panel this happens again.

This is related to an old bug that send this F0 00 F7 if you have a sysex formula that ends with f7 and not F7, even if you have a CC or another Midi Message Type.

Also the global variables are not working for me. I have a uiCombo that select a global variable but the global variable is always the first value of the uiCombo.

atom
        Keymaster
          • ★★★★★

yep there is something wrong, i’m on it like stink on cheese.

dasfaker
          Keymaster
            • ★★★

Don’t worry, rev 765 is still rock solid.

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

778 should have it fixed, it’s up already.

dasfaker
              Keymaster
                • ★★★

Hi Atom

I’m having several troubles with this revision. The strange thing is that those troubles aren’t happening always.

· If I enter in edit mode, not always I am able to select modulators to edit. I click on any modulator but the modulator doesn’t get selected and can’t see the modulator properties.

· Half of the times I close the panel, Ctrlr crashes.

· Half of the times I open the panel, the method called when the panel has finished loading is not working (method executed with no errors, tested). In fact, many times I click the icon Run method in a safe LUA state in this method Ctrlr crash.

· Sliders with sysex formula and global variables, when they are controlled from a physical knob, behave strange. If I turn the knob to 0, the modulator in the panel only go to position 64 (middle). When the physical knob goes to the middle, the modulator goes to 127. It’s like the modulator starts at +64 (coincidentally, the global variable of those modulators is 64; I have to test it with other value).

· The font used in the method’s editor sometimes change to Arial. When this happens, the position of the cursor is not the real position of the cursor, so it’s almost impossible to edit text.

Any tip on whta’s going on?
                Thx.

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

I noticed the font stuff, i have no idea why is this happening.

The rest of the problems are weird i’d need some examples on panels or something, i’m working on the lua core, i’m trying to add some more debugging info in case of errors that might help a little. Also i’m trying to clean up some LUA stuff, for example to run all the LUA methods linked to value changes after all modulators are initialized

dasfaker
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★

I’ll wait the new revision, if problems persist I’ll send you an example

msepsis
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 219
                      • Replies: 732
                      • Total: 951
                      • ★★★
                      "atom":1cvka013 wrote:
                      i’m working on the lua core, i’m trying to add some more debugging info in case of errors that might help a little.[/quote:1cvka013]
                      +1!!

[quote:1cvka013]Also i’m trying to clean up some LUA stuff, for example to run all the LUA methods linked to value changes after all modulators are initialized[/quote:1cvka013]
                      +1 again

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

dasfaker
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★
                        "dasfaker":20n0sbof wrote:
                        · Sliders with sysex formula and global variables, when they are controlled from a physical knob, behave strange. If I turn the knob to 0, the modulator in the panel only go to position 64 (middle). When the physical knob goes to the middle, the modulator goes to 127. It’s like the modulator starts at +64 (coincidentally, the global variable of those modulators is 64; I have to test it with other value).
                        [/quote:20n0sbof]

I can reaffirm this bug. The value the modulator displays is it’s own value + global variable

atom
                        Keymaster
                          • ★★★★★

what formula causes this ?

dasfaker
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★

Any formula that has a global variable. For example, F0 00 20 33 01 00 6f k0 55 xx F7. In this formula, when moving a physical knob, xx displays xx value + k0 value. If you move the modulator knob on the panel it works fine. It’s only when the modulator receives midi

atom
                            Keymaster
                              • ★★★★★

found it, fixed it.

dasfaker
                              Keymaster
                                • ★★★

I’m getting a stack overflow message in code that previously worked. When I need two modulators that share the same cc to be updated when I move one of them, I put this code in both modulators, so when I move modulator "A" updates modulator "B";

[quote:7kqozryq]f1 = panel:getModulatorByName("Filter 1 Cutoff")
                                if f1 ~= nil then
                                if f1:getModulatorValue() ~= newValue then
                                f1:setModulatorValue (newValue, false, false, true)
                                end
                                end[/quote:7kqozryq]

It shouldn’t give a stack overflow message, because modulator "B" only updates when it has a different value, so once it’s updated and they share the same value it should stop updating "A", but it appears that it is ignoring the line [i:7kqozryq]if f1:getModulatorValue() ~= newValue then[/i:7kqozryq]

atom
                                Keymaster
                                  • ★★★★★

it’s impossible that something is ignored, you need to debug this, see what the newValue is at every point of your code, also check how that corresponds to f1:getModulatorValue(). I haven’t changed a lot in the internal LUA processing apart from what i wrote in the changelog.

dasfaker
                                  Keymaster
                                    • ★★★

Well, here is an example with two modulators that update each other. In revision 765 it works as expected, but in 780 it doesn’t.

atom
                                    Keymaster
                                      • ★★★★★

yeah this is correct like i wrote in the changelog i moved LUA processing before the midi processing so that you get the chance to modify any global variables before the midi message exits the panel, this also causes this stack overflow, i could explain this but it’s a feedback loop (the second modulator in the loop never actualy gets the chance to change it’s value internaly so the comparison is always untrue and you get a feedback loop).
                                      I moved the lua processing before MIDI yet after the value is stored internaly, this will fix this problem however i don’t know if it won’t break anything else. I’ll post a build and let me know.

dasfaker
                                      Keymaster
                                        • ★★★

Thanks as always

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                      There is currently 0 users and 93 guests online
                                      No users are currently active
                                      Forum Statistics
                                      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                      Ctrlr